PDA

View Full Version : Do I feel anxious and nauseous because of a boy, or is it something more serious?

tryingto
11-07-2014, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the advice.

jessed03
11-07-2014, 08:03 PM
If you've had anxiety for as long as you can remember, it's more than possible that this romantic situation can be acting as a trigger for it.

I remember when I was around 17, I'd get shaky, as if the temperature had suddenly dropped to -30 whenever in a vulnerable situation, relationship wise. I'd lose all appetite, sleep poorly, etc. But, it was fairly temporary. If things were bad with my gf, it'd last a day or two. But I don't think it's rare for things like that to affect people for longer.

You say you feel disgusting when you eat -- do you have any image issues by any chance?

I do recommend talking to somebody about this, though. If you have a school counsellor or whatever, buck up the courage to go in for a few sessions and chat it out. Nothing wrong with that. Or talk to somebody trusting, who won't try and 'fix' you the way some well-meaning friends often try to. I think that it'll be really helpful, and perhaps necessary for you to move forward. This kind of stuff is way better outside than in.

Often with psychosomatic illnesses, trying to resolve conflict is the best way of knowing what was a result of it.

If you are a little concerned about your health, chatting to your doctor quickly should put your mind at rest. If you tell him/her you've been feeling unwell a lot lately, they'll send you for some basic blood work which will rule out many things.

Feel better soon.

drac16
11-08-2014, 04:05 AM
Problems with eating can trigger anxiety; I've experienced that. When your blood sugar is low, that can cause anxiety, dizziness, nausea and other things. Guy problems or girl problems commonly cause people to feel self-conscious. It can sometimes get even worse and develop into an eating disorder (I'm not saying you have one, though). To me, it sounds like your low self-esteem and eating problems are intertwined.

You are attractive to someone out there. It doesn't matter what the general population thinks of you.