PDA

View Full Version : Effexor & Weight Gain

electric*eyes
07-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Alright, I'm going to post this in general discussion as well as I am new to this forum and it doesn't seem like there's a lot of activity in the Medication section.

My doctor just prescribed me Effexor and I'm worried about gaining weight if I decide to take it. I read that about 30% gain weight on the drug and 30% lose weight. The other 40% stay the same. If any of you have taken Effexor, can you please let me know what kind of luck you've had with it?

Coobie
07-08-2008, 09:14 PM
I was prescribed effexor 75mg and it worked really great! I did not gain weight because of it though, I gained weight because I didn't watch what I ate and even still I gained a whole like 5 pounds. No biggy at all.

I must warn you to PLEASE do serious reading into this med..its bad news which is why I took myself off it of (one of the reasons) and I am looking for something else that is not so harmful. Look up Effexor Brain shivers on Google.

Robbed
07-09-2008, 04:28 AM
I must warn you to PLEASE do serious reading into this med..its bad news which is why I took myself off it of (one of the reasons) and I am looking for something else that is not so harmful. Look up Effexor Brain shivers on Google.

Effexor and Paxil are well-known to be the most addictive antidepressants out there.

arbonb
07-15-2008, 11:33 PM
Yes i agree when i first started taking paxil i felt crap but slowly began to feel better which i think explains the weight gain, cause when u are sick you cant eat but when you feel better you begin eating again which makes you gain weight. I felt okay for a while but then began to feel like i wasnt me, i then became aggressive towards people and started thinkn of suicide, so please be careful with any medication, it has many drawbacks. i havent taken medication for about 3 years, i still struggle everyday, but somehow i get by. and remember its all in the mind!!

electric*eyes
07-16-2008, 12:01 AM
Thanks for your advice guys...I appreciate it.