PDA

View Full Version : Oddy doddy

Polarlight
11-02-2014, 08:15 AM
Good evening everyone. :)

During my anxiety i would feel every sort of feeling that you could ever imagine. And it started long ago, when i was 9 years old, where i could controlled it. But it just came and went, just like that. However, my anxiety for this time last longer, i think it has been four months (or more?).

Sometimes i would feel like i'm having ocd (because sometimes i would do some sorts of compulsions) , or gad, or schizo or whatever i could relate at the moment. I'm still a student and it's really affecting my study. How can i get rid of all these sorts of odd and bad feelings? I get worry easily with all things happened around me and i would think that something bad will happen to me and my family. Even now I'm writing this post, i feel like i shouldn't write it because something will happen.

I'm kinda afraid to be happy. If sometimes i'm feeling happy i will talk to myself, "don't be so happy, or else something bad will happen". Should or shouldn't I? And there are moments where i couldn't feel anything. I don't know whether i'm happy or sad. How can i get back to my oldself? I don't know why this happened, either genetic or what, because one of my family is getting medicines for her psychological problem.

And the thing is, i'm kinda afraid with coincidences. Sometimes i feel like i have power to predict something and i hate it. The feeling of deja vu has been some sort of rutine, and again, i really hate it! The feeling was so terrible. It makes me so anxious as anxious i could be.

Sorry for my long story with a lot of grammar mistakes. But i hope anyone could give me some sort of reassurances. :)

RealisticTrain
11-02-2014, 10:56 AM
Good evening everyone. :)

During my anxiety i would feel every sort of feeling that you could ever imagine. And it started long ago, when i was 9 years old, where i could controlled it. But it just came and went, just like that. However, my anxiety for this time last longer, i think it has been four months (or more?).

Sometimes i would feel like i'm having ocd (because sometimes i would do some sorts of compulsions) , or gad, or schizo or whatever i could relate at the moment. I'm still a student and it's really affecting my study. How can i get rid of all these sorts of odd and bad feelings? I get worry easily with all things happened around me and i would think that something bad will happen to me and my family. Even now I'm writing this post, i feel like i shouldn't write it because something will happen.

I'm kinda afraid to be happy. If sometimes i'm feeling happy i will talk to myself, "don't be so happy, or else something bad will happen". Should or shouldn't I? And there are moments where i couldn't feel anything. I don't know whether i'm happy or sad. How can i get back to my oldself? I don't know why this happened, either genetic or what, because one of my family is getting medicines for her psychological problem.

And the thing is, i'm kinda afraid with coincidences. Sometimes i feel like i have power to predict something and i hate it. The feeling of deja vu has been some sort of rutine, and again, i really hate it! The feeling was so terrible. It makes me so anxious as anxious i could be.

Sorry for my long story with a lot of grammar mistakes. But i hope anyone could give me some sort of reassurances. :)

What I've found is that people who suffer from anxiety manage to convince themselves that they are more sick than they really are. They have excessive thoughts, so they think it MUST be ocd. They won't go out with friends so it MUST be social anxiety. In addition, people also experience what we like to call catastrophic thinking; that is, thinking that they will never be "normal again". This kind of thinking is irrational, and many people who have once thought this are better after treatment and wonder why they thought this way in the first place. Hang in there and let me know if I can help in some other way.
Source: I am a psych resident

Polarlight
11-02-2014, 04:40 PM
What I've found is that people who suffer from anxiety manage to convince themselves that they are more sick than they really are. They have excessive thoughts, so they think it MUST be ocd. They won't go out with friends so it MUST be social anxiety. In addition, people also experience what we like to call catastrophic thinking; that is, thinking that they will never be "normal again". This kind of thinking is irrational, and many people who have once thought this are better after treatment and wonder why they thought this way in the first place. Hang in there and let me know if I can help in some other way.
Source: I am a psych resident

Thank you. :) Such a big relief when someone is willing to help. :D