PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and seasonal affective disorder?

Ambition
10-30-2014, 01:39 PM
Today like yesterday was warm muggy and extremely dull and cloudy. I woke up feeling groggy and unreal. Unreal is one of the main anxiety symptoms I get. It also didn't sleep well as it was too warm last night so I over slept in the morning to make up.

Is it possible that the dull cloudy muggy weather is making my anxiety worse? I've never had SAD but is it possible that it could be part of my anxiety?

Ryker
10-30-2014, 03:03 PM
Hi, yes it might possibly be part of it.

But.

The things that will improve your anxiety are something else. Practice, education, training and hard work will make your anxiety better and they're total independent of what the weather will do.

Getting some fresh air, some healthy amount of sunlight will be good things to do, but don't blame the anxiety on anything other than what really causes it - the human miss wiring of that fight-or-flight reflex.

It's very easy to try and find explanations for the way we are - our genes, our weather, our upbringing etc. but we can't change them ... Maybe that's why they're so alluring?

sweetdaytx
10-30-2014, 08:08 PM
My anxiety gets 10x worse when summer turns to fall. It's dark earlier here and it just sends my anxiety thru the roof, so although I have GAD all the time, it's much, much worse during fall and winter. I hate it. :/

JustaGal
10-30-2014, 08:30 PM
My anxiety gets 10x worse when summer turns to fall. It's dark earlier here and it just sends my anxiety thru the roof, so although I have GAD all the time, it's much, much worse during fall and winter. I hate it. :/

I plan to get a light box that simulates natural light.