PDA

View Full Version : Just had a bad panic attack

Joe.
10-30-2014, 09:04 AM
Just as I thought I was in control of my anxiety!

I was playing pool, and I began to notice some vision distortions, like things changing shape and becoming blurry, then when I noticed that I became conscious that my heart beat was insane, I could feel the heart beat everywhere. One of my scariest panic attacks. I sat down, but still panicked, very fidgety and had tunnel vision. I, not thinking straight, ran outside, and caught a bus home.

Really scared about this one. Up there with my worst attacks. Was it really a panic attack?

Im-Suffering
10-30-2014, 09:38 AM
Just as I thought I was in control of my anxiety!

I was playing pool, and I began to notice some vision distortions, like things changing shape and becoming blurry, then when I noticed that I became conscious that my heart beat was insane, I could feel the heart beat everywhere. One of my scariest panic attacks. I sat down, but still panicked, very fidgety and had tunnel vision. I, not thinking straight, ran outside, and caught a bus home.

Really scared about this one. Up there with my worst attacks. Was it really a panic attack?

Yes, Joe. In an instant the HR can jump. The vision triggered an immediate response.

This is what makes it so insidious. If this were someone's first attack, the trauma would implant the fear, and the whole cycle is born.

Careful not to let it, if you can, stop you from returning to normal activities pre-todays episode. Your thinking over time has matured, giving you a much greater understanding of what's happening. If it were the first time you would have been off to the ER for example. Knowing it will settle, then hopefully you can resume your activity. Just a setback dear friend, just a dam setback.

I'm here with you.

My best goes out to you, friend.

Joe.
10-30-2014, 09:44 AM
Yes, Joe. In an instant the HR can jump. The vision triggered an immediate response.

This is what makes it so insidious. If this were someone's first attack, the trauma would implant the fear, and the whole cycle is born.

Careful not to let it, if you can, stop you from returning to normal activities pre-todays episode.

My best goes out to you, friend.

Thank you, I'm suffering, very comforting
By the way what's HR?

I intend to go see my friends soon, hoping this won't happen today.

The thing is, it was my first attack in this pool hall, and none of the people I know there, know I have panic attacks. I normally am very open about anxiety, but not sure what to say to them when I next see them.

best wishes, friend

Im-Suffering
10-30-2014, 09:52 AM
Glad to hear your going out soon. HR is abbreviated for heart rate.

Joe.
10-30-2014, 09:56 AM
Glad to hear your going out soon. HR is abbreviated for heart rate.

Of course it's heart rate!

thanks