PDA

View Full Version : Worst news ever :(

GYDA
10-27-2014, 04:35 AM
Some of you may have seen some of my threads saying im trying to push on through my health anxiety, and i was trying my hardest until yesterday morning when my girlfriends mum and dad sat her down and told her that her dad had been diagnosed with bladder cancer at 51. We're all absolutely devastated, couldnt have happened to a nicer bloke and the fact hes never smoked (main cause of bladder cancer) makes it all the more frustrating, my girlfriend is in absolute pieces but im staying strong for her but its just sent my health anxiety spiraling. Sat at work now just look at statistics on cancer, chances of getting it, how many people get it a year etc, im just getting myself into such a mess. It's so scary!

I've got to pull myself together for her but its hard when somebody close to you gets diagnosed with cancer, never mind if youve got health anxiety. The last thing i want to do is to make this about me, because it shouldnt be, i should just be in the background offering support when ever they need it.

Any advice anyone?

gypsylee
10-27-2014, 07:03 AM
It sounds as though it's not treatable?

I think in these situations you have to be philosophical about life and death. As in, all of us could die pretty much every day. My brother died suddenly in February and he was only 33. There's no point in worrying about it because that just ruins things while you're still alive.

Try and be strong for your girlfriend :) I'm sorry you have to deal with this on top of your anxiety. I do believe there is a lesson in all these horrible things people have to face.

All the best,
Gypsy

GYDA
10-27-2014, 09:09 AM
The doctors think it may well be quite treatable, but at the minute we don't know the full picture about what grade it is, how far it's spread etc, hes got to have more tests to find that out in the next few weeks. It's just scary saying my father in laws for cancer, just doesnt seem right saying it. If it's not spread anywhere there's a good chance he'll get a full cure or leave for another 10 or so years but at the minute its all up in the air, all know for definite is that it is cancer.

Sorry to hear about your brother, i know it's stupid me worrying about stuff like this day to day, your meant to enjoy life while youve got it but its easier said than done sometimes.

Yeah it doesn't help my anxiety but my anxiety takes a back seat big time when it comes to stuff like this, the mans got cancer on his plate and im here with anxiety, these next few weeks are all about him not me. Ill deal with my anxiety on my own but its just a reminder you don't whats round the corner, gutted.

gypsylee
10-27-2014, 09:51 AM
Oh well that's good :)

You never know what's around the corner. It's scary but it can change your perspective. I think about all the time I've spent being anxious and it's such a waste of time. I know we don't choose it but I try and focus on the present as much as I can.

Dahila
10-27-2014, 12:02 PM
That's bad news, but........my brother was diagnosed with it in Europe ten years ago, he went through surgery and some chemo, and he is still kicking. It is cancer but there is a lot of option. It is treatable no like someone said.
My friend just passed away in hospital and he was 52 on heart attack. Diseases attacks everyone does not matter the age. Aging is a privilege, it is denied to many

lukeypoo1412
10-27-2014, 12:03 PM
Some of you may have seen some of my threads saying im trying to push on through my health anxiety, and i was trying my hardest until yesterday morning when my girlfriends mum and dad sat her down and told her that her dad had been diagnosed with bladder cancer at 51. We're all absolutely devastated, couldnt have happened to a nicer bloke and the fact hes never smoked (main cause of bladder cancer) makes it all the more frustrating, my girlfriend is in absolute pieces but im staying strong for her but its just sent my health anxiety spiraling. Sat at work now just look at statistics on cancer, chances of getting it, how many people get it a year etc, im just getting myself into such a mess. It's so scary!

I've got to pull myself together for her but its hard when somebody close to you gets diagnosed with cancer, never mind if youve got health anxiety. The last thing i want to do is to make this about me, because it shouldnt be, i should just be in the background offering support when ever they need it.

Any advice anyone?

Sorry you are going through a rough time, and for the poor news. I go through the same thing, whenever I hear about someone being diagnosed with a health condition, it sets off my health anxiety. I am still adapting to health anxiety, but usually I just try to wait it out. Hope you get good news soon.

Luke