PDA

View Full Version : Getting over anxiety.

Grimmjow.
10-25-2014, 03:50 AM
I've gradually been starting to get over my anxiety attacks, the only time I really get them now is during the night and they wake me up. Does anyone else wake up regularly to an attack? It brings on intense nausea and heat through out my body.

The psych said I wouldn't be able to get over this type of anxiety by myself, well without meds anyway. So is it possible for me to get over it gradually like this? Makes me wonder if it were anxiety in the first place or something much more sinister.

Ryker
10-25-2014, 03:58 AM
You could be menopausal - that's not sinister, but may account for night sweats and feeling rough.

R.

Enduronman
10-25-2014, 05:07 AM
Get some meds!
Wishing you the best friend.

E-Man :)

Grimmjow.
10-25-2014, 05:24 AM
Get some meds!
Wishing you the best friend.

E-Man :)

I've been through a lot and of meds and unfortunately had bad reactions to them, the doctors recommended I don't try anymore as I might be too sensitive to them.
So I'm kinda stuck at the moment. :)

Enduronman
10-25-2014, 05:27 AM
well shit.
What have you tried so far?

E-Man. :)

JulianS
10-25-2014, 05:42 AM
I've gradually been starting to get over my anxiety attacks, the only time I really get them now is during the night and they wake me up. Does anyone else wake up regularly to an attack? It brings on intense nausea and heat through out my body.

The psych said I wouldn't be able to get over this type of anxiety by myself, well without meds anyway. So is it possible for me to get over it gradually like this? Makes me wonder if it were anxiety in the first place or something much more sinister.

Have you tried Free self-therapy, like EFT or PSTEC (you can get a free audio of PSTEC online)?

Grimmjow.
10-25-2014, 05:53 AM
well shit.
What have you tried so far?

Lexapro, Endep, Cymbalta, Effexor xr and normal Effexor. I did take one more but I can't remember the name of that one :P

Grimmjow.
10-25-2014, 05:54 AM
Have you tried Free self-therapy, like EFT or PSTEC (you can get a free audio of PSTEC online)?

No I haven't, I might look that up. Thanks! :)

Enduronman
10-25-2014, 06:46 AM
Lexapro, Endep, Cymbalta, Effexor xr and normal Effexor. I did take one more but I can't remember the name of that one :P

Tried Prozac yet friend? (fluoxetine)...

Grimmjow.
10-25-2014, 06:48 AM

Oh they also have given me serepax and oxazepam as well, but no never Prozac

Tosta
10-25-2014, 06:54 AM

I don't think she will react better to Prozac. Lexapro is also an SSRI, and it was no good for her. Effexor is an SNRI and didn't go that well too, from what I understood.
I love medication, chemistry and synthetic stuff. But sometimes it's just not the answer.
I'm on Prozac right now, and have been on Effexor. Fortunatelly I actually get better with medication. But we don't all work the same way.

Grimmjow.
10-25-2014, 07:31 PM
I don't think she will react better to Prozac. Lexapro is also an SSRI, and it was no good for her. Effexor is an SNRI and didn't go that well too, from what I understood.
I love medication, chemistry and synthetic stuff. But sometimes it's just not the answer.
I'm on Prozac right now, and have been on Effexor. Fortunatelly I actually get better with medication. But we don't all work the same way.

The only thing that seemed to work to oxazepam but they said I couldn't take it regularly :( plus it was giving me migraines after 2 weeks of being on it.

Grimmjow.
10-25-2014, 07:32 PM
Was oxazepam***

Seaghn-Scott White
10-25-2014, 11:48 PM
I'm always slow to acept the word of any professional who suggests that medication is the only solution to anxiety issues. Not that such isn't the case for some people, but you definitely need additional opinions.

You could always snort Zoloft. :)

Or you could try vaping cannabis. I don't recommend smoking it. High dose Psilocybin therapy is also a possibility, if you've got good minders to take care of you, but I didn't mention that. I will need a DEA# soon. Awh, snap. I did just mention illicit drugs?

You don't seem like the kind of person who I would recommend anger management to, but a punching bag and possibly enrolling is a martial arts class couldn't hurt. I always recommend a practical defense course like krav maga, and a supplemental course like tai chi. The latter you can learn and practice on your own, or depending on your location, there's a good chance that you can find a group of practitioners you can join. They typically gather at a local park.

NixonRulz
10-26-2014, 05:40 PM
I'm always slow to acept the word of any professional who suggests that medication is the only solution to anxiety issues. Not that such isn't the case for some people, but you definitely need additional opinions.

You could always snort Zoloft. :)

Or you could try vaping cannabis. I don't recommend smoking it. High dose Psilocybin therapy is also a possibility, if you've got good minders to take care of you, but I didn't mention that. I will need a DEA# soon. Awh, snap. I did just mention illicit drugs?

You don't seem like the kind of person who I would recommend anger management to, but a punching bag and possibly enrolling is a martial arts class couldn't hurt. I always recommend a practical defense course like krav maga, and a supplemental course like tai chi. The latter you can learn and practice on your own, or depending on your location, there's a good chance that you can find a group of practitioners you can join. They typically gather at a local park.

Any exercise always helps. I have studies martial arts for many years and taught for 5 I like your advice for tai chi though. That is medicine for the soul

The aggressive contact with martial arts just helped ridding the stress for the time I was there

For me, the only thing that ever got me to a point of feeling was understanding what anxiety is and how it works lies that you believe

Knowledge exposes Anxiety's lies