PDA

View Full Version : I am afraid of cooking and I hate the Kitchen too.

1Bluerose68
10-24-2014, 11:26 AM
The biggest meal of my entire day is dinner. It's usually a bed of salad w/ lean tv dinner on top. And a glass of juice diluted w/ H2O.

I don't care to go out as most my old friends are now anchored down and don't go out w/o their family.

I don't go out to restaurants usually by myself.

My babysitting excuses, to drag along w/ me to the restaurants or cafe's, have all grown up, and moved far away from me with their new familiez.....

I cant really afford to go out anyhow, all by myself.

So dinner is my olny reason at this time to daddle around in the kitchen.

Though I always find myself looking into the refrigerator for nothing at all.

I do drink diluted fruit juice all day long w/ ice cubes.

Otherwise I have no other reason to enter the kitchen to eat.

I haven't used the oven all summer long.

I do usually bake "Healthy" baked goods during the colder months. But just don't have the baking spirit in me currently.

I pay the PG and E bill and don't want to use the oven until December or something?

I use to bake fresh breaded chicken for dad a lot. He loved shake n Bake or Cam-bell's Soup of Cream o Chicken w/ chicken breasts. He always made the mashed potatoes and I manned the oven of chicken. Also we had Garlic bread a lot to go with that or little pastry biscuits.

Now, I have no one to make a dinner for and it just feels kind of lonely going into the "Haunted Kitchen."

Haunted with memories of joy, and family, and happiness(usually) and a room for hard work too.

So far, no more kitchen duty, and stupid period is a week late again.

As if I swam AAU, young and athletic---all over Again???

Desk duty for now, like I've been a bad cop and have been penalized w/ desk duty.....

Wish I had been a strong EMT who didn't pass out after 25 compression on CPR dummy during class. It's up to 30 compression and 2 breaths of air now.

Pretty soon we will need to be bionic women to do 50 compression in record time w/o passing out, before 2 puffs of air even.

Or should i make that 68 compressions to 2 puffs of air before turning blue?

Ryker
10-24-2014, 11:59 AM
It's a shame I'm not nearby 1Blue, I'd come over and cook for you.

My mother was such an awful cook I fell in love with proper cooking as soon as I was old enough to stay with friends. I was amazed that carrots could be a different colour to beans and that in the right hands potatoes actually could taste of, well, anything apart from stale dishwater.
I started working in restaurants when I was 13. It's my dream for when I retire to open a little restaurant or cooking school.
R.