PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant with high anxiety/panic

Amy Smith
10-22-2014, 11:50 AM
I have been on my medicine for over a year and been doing great. I'm now 12 weeks pregnant and in the beginning my Dr. cut all my meds in half for the safety of the baby. I tried going off them all completely but I ended up in the emergency room with a bad panic attack and was told to get back on my meds. My anxiety seems to be daily especially in the mornings for some reason. My heart just races. I have a guilt in my stomach about taking the meds as well because of the baby. But, my Dr. said we had to weigh out the pros and cons and what was the safest. Anyone else out there deal with anxiety/panic attacks while pregnant and had to take meds to help?

Thank You

Xerosnake90
10-22-2014, 02:16 PM
Let's look at it this way. You risk health of your child to control your anxiety. It's time to start learning how to actually rid yourself of anxiety. Not cover it up with meds. You could use this journey of pregnancy as preparation to your child and the start of an anxiety free life. If you have it in you. Either way, it's your child. Is it worth the risk to let anxiety get to you?

gypsylee
10-23-2014, 08:02 AM
What kind of meds are they?

I took SSRIs during my pregnancy (Zoloft I think) because I was told and read they are okay for the baby. That was 13 years ago though.