PDA

View Full Version : Depression.

Grimmjow.
10-22-2014, 02:03 AM
Okaaaay. So. I've never had to deal with depression before, I've only ever had this anxiety.
But lately I've been starting to think I'm suffering with it.
I used to wake up in the morning and have all these pains and my thoughts are, "yep my head hurts today's the day I'm going to die" or "I'm not going to make it through the day because my health is ready bad."
Constantly think I'm going to drop dead at any second with a burst aneurysm.
But that was as bad as it got.

Now I don't really care whether I die or not, even though I'm convinced that I am. I've even already started saying goodbye to people who probably think I'm a complete nutcase.

I'm sick of feeling like I'm crazy, these symptoms are lowering my quality of life and I'm being a complete b to the itch to people who care most about me. I dunno, does this sound like depression or is it me over thinking again. Blaaaaah.

gypsylee
10-22-2014, 05:09 AM
Hi there,

This sounds so familiar to me that I almost laughed :)

Anxiety and depression are like peas in a pod because we do tend to overthink things. I lean more towards anxiety but I get to the point where I resign myself to whatever I'm anxious about at the time.

So I know where you're coming from but I can't really separate anxiety and depression here.

Bye for now,
Gypsy

Grimmjow.
10-22-2014, 05:22 AM
Hi there,

This sounds so familiar to me that I almost laughed :)

Anxiety and depression are like peas in a pod because we do tend to overthink things. I lean more towards anxiety but I get to the point where I resign myself to whatever I'm anxious about at the time.

So I know where you're coming from but I can't really separate anxiety and depression here.

Bye for now,
Gypsy

Hahaha you must be similar. I am more anxiety as well. Glad I made you smile :)
I guess it was bound to happen though, especially with thinking about death all the time. :P

Enduronman
10-22-2014, 06:14 AM
Thinking about death all the time.

Go see a doctor.
Have a great day too!

E-Man. :)

Grimmjow.
10-22-2014, 02:51 PM
Go see a doctor.
Have a great day too!

E-Man. :)

Lol I always see doctors.

Exactice
10-22-2014, 03:59 PM
Grimm.... Total progression with the anxiety. The trick is first working on a distraction so your mind doesnt focus only on the negative thoughts. When you have good distraction techniques then you can work on talk to the depression. YES TALKING to it. Just like a little kid. Talk it down and calm it down like a fussy baby. Sounds nuts but it really works. Its the exact opposite of what we are doing to ourselves by bringing it out and getting all frustrated with it!

I had gone through a super bad bout with depression and when I got on the meds... holy crap It was really bad. But once the meds stabilized and I worked on talking it down it got much easier!

Im-Suffering
10-22-2014, 04:20 PM
Okaaaay. So. I've never had to deal with depression before, I've only ever had this anxiety.
I used to wake up in the morning and have all these pains and my thoughts are, "yep my head hurts today's the day I'm going to die" or "I'm not going to make it through the day because my health is ready bad."

Now I don't really care whether I die or not, even though I'm convinced that I am. I've even already started saying goodbye to people who probably think I'm a complete nutcase.

I'm sick of feeling like I'm crazy, these symptoms are lowering my quality of life and I'm being a complete b to the itch to people who care most about me. I dunno, does this sound like depression or is it me over thinking again. Blaaaaah.

There's a difference between fearing death and wanting to die.

You will not die from fear,
You could die if you've lost your will to live.

Which is it?

NixonRulz
10-22-2014, 07:56 PM

How can you think that you don't care if you die?

Have you seen your profile pic?

You have many hearts to break before you kick the bucket

Grimmjow.
10-23-2014, 01:55 AM
There's a difference between fearing death and wanting to die.

You will not die from fear,
You could die if you've lost your will to live.

Which is it?

I really don't know anymore. I still am scared of dying, but I'm over being scared of dying. If that makes sense ><

Grimmjow.
10-23-2014, 01:56 AM
How can you think that you don't care if you die?

Have you seen your profile pic?

You have many hearts to break before you kick the bucket

Aww kind words ><

Grimmjow.
10-23-2014, 01:57 AM
Grimm.... Total progression with the anxiety. The trick is first working on a distraction so your mind doesnt focus only on the negative thoughts. When you have good distraction techniques then you can work on talk to the depression. YES TALKING to it. Just like a little kid. Talk it down and calm it down like a fussy baby. Sounds nuts but it really works. Its the exact opposite of what we are doing to ourselves by bringing it out and getting all frustrated with it!

I will try that! Thanks for explaining all of this, I need any help I can get :)