PDA

View Full Version : Chest pains

Xploit85
10-20-2014, 12:57 PM
Does anyone else here experience chest pains through their anxiety? It's so scary. I'm just curious, do you get the chest pains almost all day long? It's like it never goes away, no matter what I do. They are sometimes sharp and sometimes seem like pressure.

I've had many EKG's done, stress eco, and CT scans. I'm not sure what I can do at this point, my mind tells me to go to the ER almost every hour.

Looking for advice with others going/had this issue.

Thanks!!

Orange Daisy
10-20-2014, 01:20 PM
Hey. Have had huge issues with this for a while now. Started as slight dull pains and escalated to the point where I was rushed to the ER thinking I was having a heart attack the first time. Had all the heart attack symptoms. It was soooo scary... All the tests EKG etc. Came up clear. Turns out the anxiety causes Gastro esophageal reflux disorder at that stage I'd been suffering with constant reflux laryngitis too. Not sure if you've been having reflux issues too.. Have had the "chest pains" often and they gave me Urbanol 10mg to relieve the gastro esophageal spasms. Seems to help.

Xploit85
10-20-2014, 01:53 PM
Hey. Have had huge issues with this for a while now. Started as slight dull pains and escalated to the point where I was rushed to the ER thinking I was having a heart attack the first time. Had all the heart attack symptoms. It was soooo scary... All the tests EKG etc. Came up clear. Turns out the anxiety causes Gastro esophageal reflux disorder at that stage I'd been suffering with constant reflux laryngitis too. Not sure if you've been having reflux issues too.. Have had the "chest pains" often and they gave me Urbanol 10mg to relieve the gastro esophageal spasms. Seems to help.

Yes, I have had reflux issues. I was put on protonics, it helped during the first 2 weeks, but now I'm not seeing any results. I no longer have heartburn, but I've read the metoprolol i'm on can cause acid reflux issues. I've noticed every time I eat, my heart rate seems to pound way more, do you notice this issue?

Maybe that's my issue? Hmm.

Orange Daisy
10-20-2014, 02:15 PM
They had me on reflux meds too. Trying to think what they were... They didn't help that much...

I noticed changing my eating habits and what kind of beverages I drink helps too. Buscopan also helps for the spasms if they are really bad. Having hectic issues with the divorce im going through and have noticed due to the stress and anxiety it has flared up again.

I would however recommend you check with your doctor to check if you have GERD first before taking anything.

I know it's little consolation but at least once you know what causes the issue and you educate yourself about it. You don't go into a flat spin thinking that you are dying from a heart attack.

Maybe yours is caused by something else, but do yourself a favour and chat to your doc about your symptoms and find out what is the root cause of your chest pain.

Keep me updated.

Xploit85
10-20-2014, 03:01 PM
Do you think even though i'm not experiencing heartburn, or at least I'm not feeling it, issues can still be happening? I do have cough quite a bit of the time, especially at night. I've brought this up with the doctor many times, but it never seems to provide them anything.

While i'm at the gym, I find myself coughing quite a bit. (I don't have Asthma)

Orange Daisy
10-20-2014, 03:28 PM
Not sure, but it can't harm you to ask your doctor.

Joe.
10-20-2014, 03:34 PM
I've had a lot of chest pains, that's normal when you get severe anxiety.
You need to understand that, and believe that, for them to fade away I believe.
Also, they are caused by the strain our heart rate, while having panic attacks, puts on our ribs I think

Xploit85
10-20-2014, 05:15 PM
I've had a lot of chest pains, that's normal when you get severe anxiety.
You need to understand that, and believe that, for them to fade away I believe.
Also, they are caused by the strain our heart rate, while having panic attacks, puts on our ribs I think

So many things to learn :) thanks.

Joe.
10-20-2014, 05:18 PM
There are a lot to learn, for me to learn even more so.
After you learn a few 'big ones' the rest start to slip into place I've found so far.
Take care

Xploit85
10-20-2014, 06:28 PM
Well, I went to the gym tonight. I was doing OK for about 25 minutes in. Did a little cardio warm-up, then started doing chest workouts. I was feeling fine, then after that 25 minute mark, I asked myself "I'm wondering if I'm doing ok?" then... In came in chest pains, left shoulder pain, stiff neck... Ugh.. I hope this doesn't ruin my experience to really get myself into better shape.

Charles Price
10-21-2014, 04:59 PM
Don't worry it's a general symptom of anxiety, I also suffer with chest tightness and discomfort on a daily basis. Also you mentioned gym? for me weightlifting triggered my first panic attack due to my heart beating 1000 miles per hour and I was on a pretty brutal hangover from the night before. Try some light exercises until you have your anxiety under control.

Charles Price
10-21-2014, 05:04 PM
sorry double posted how do I delete?

GYDA
10-22-2014, 03:38 AM
Im in the same position as you mate with the gym! From Christmas to may i lost 2 stone at the gym, but then my anxiety started coming back and the chest pains started happening while i was in the gym. Obviously this scared me and i couldnt ignore them, and every time i was on the treadmill or whatever i'd just be thinking 'i hope the chest pains dont start' and sure enough they did, so i stopped going to the gym. I'd already had loads of ECG's but they still scared me so i went for more tests, a scan on my heart, a 24 hour ecg recorder, all come back normal so now im back in the gym just ignoring the chest pains and they're going away. Although im 13 pound heavier now than what i was in may thanks to my little break from the gym haha

Xploit85
10-23-2014, 08:43 AM
Well.. I had an upper GI test done today and they confirmed I have acid reflux. So, my chest pains have apparently been because of that.. Who knows about my anxiety at this point, I may need to still control my stress/anxiety.

Xploit85
10-24-2014, 07:18 AM
It's like a vicious circle, my doctor for some reason referred me back to the cardiologist, and now I'm freaking out again. Ugh, lol...

Im-Suffering
10-24-2014, 08:30 AM
It's like a vicious circle, my doctor for some reason referred me back to the cardiologist, and now I'm freaking out again. Ugh, lol...

I've got to chime in briefly because you are suffering so, and confused. Now :

You do not listen to your body. The connection between mind and body is dim.

The acid reflux is food related and to an extent fear. See a dietician and choose alkali producing foods as a balance to all the acidic content you ingest. Stop at once the current diet. And begin to change different foods, play it as a game, keeping the ones that eliminate symptoms. Play with your foods seeing which ones make you feel good.

As far as the pains, see a physical therapist or chiropractor. We see collapse or pinching of the nerves, a compression which reach to the chest cavity. Spinal issues from exercise and wrong movements or sleep positions/work positions causing pressure and nerve inflammation.

You cannot overcompensate or bully the anxiety to go away by overdoing physical exercise or pushing yourself. To the psyche it is a sort of test, "let me see what happens today as I subconsciously push myself". The vicious cycle you speak of is the psychological fear bullied into submission by over acting the exersion.

Rest, relax, diet, water, and see a therapist. I behoove you to begin the mind body connection, to see the light, the spiritual side before its too late. And I don't mean religion. Find yourself, who you are, period.