PDA

View Full Version : Problems and Priorities...

Silmarwen18
10-15-2014, 06:57 PM
So heres the general low-down:

My husband and I have been married for a month. We've been a couple for nearly 4 years. Im almost 22 and he's nearly 30. We want to start a family one day, sooner rather then later if possible, but we have all this stuff just piling up.

3 weeks before the wedding he was diagnosed with CML. He's taking Desatanib. We've been told it will allow him to have a long and relatively healthy life. We were also told he could come off it when we are ready to conceive, but only for two months at a time. (Because conceiving on it causes massive defects and miscarriage and because staying off it any longer can crash his remission)

I am severely low in Iron with a long term problem of keeping my stores above 20 (the minimum should be 22) and my mum has just had a full historectomy for long term endometriosis.

I want a baby before Im 30 (because that's when mums problems started and im not taking my chances) and I want to start a family before anything could happen to hubby potentially rulling out our chances.

We also want to travel as much as possible in case he later develops and cant fly.

Im not prepared to wait another 4-5 years to start a family because to me, the longer we wait the harder its going to get.

I am extraordinarily stressed, tired and scared im driving my hubby mad with my constant maternal urges and discussions about starting a family in the next year or so.

I want whats best for him, for me and for our relationship but im so gutted that all of this is happening, its making me panic and want to fall pregnant NOW....

Does anyone have any strategies for coping with this shit? Cause it would be most helpful.....