PDA

View Full Version : Scared and Need Help

scared22
10-13-2014, 04:52 PM
Hi im new here, I just wanted to know I came off my Trofranil 12 months ago as I was feeling better 3 months ago I went to the doctor as I had unexplained weight loss. She did an FBC and it all came back normal but said im anemic due to iron deficiency and put my weightloss down to stress. So ive been on iron suppliments for the past 3 months, I dont seem to be putting any weight back on and im feeling sick and scared im going to die everyday. If I had something wrong with me would it show up in a routine FBC im so scared I sit in my room everyday as im frightened to go outside incase something happens to me. Its a real feeling. I dont have any friends to talk to im so alone worried this might be cancer or something serious. Not sure if ive posted this in the right forum still trying to find my way around

I dont eat alot
Cerial and milk for breakfast with a coffee
2 x up and gos
a bannana
2 lcm bars
toasted chicken sandwich and a tall glass of milk
coffee and biscuit

I went out this morning as my daughter had work experience and had to stop the car 3 times as I felt so ill and like i was about to die. Please help if its not one thing its another.

JustaGal
10-13-2014, 07:19 PM
Hi im new here, I just wanted to know I came off my Trofranil 12 months ago as I was feeling better 3 months ago I went to the doctor as I had unexplained weight loss. She did an FBC and it all came back normal but said im anemic due to iron deficiency and put my weightloss down to stress. So ive been on iron suppliments for the past 3 months, I dont seem to be putting any weight back on and im feeling sick and scared im going to die everyday. If I had something wrong with me would it show up in a routine FBC im so scared I sit in my room everyday as im frightened to go outside incase something happens to me. Its a real feeling. I dont have any friends to talk to im so alone worried this might be cancer or something serious. Not sure if ive posted this in the right forum still trying to find my way around

I dont eat alot
2 x up and gos
a bannana
2 lcm bars
coffee and biscuit

I went out this morning as my daughter had work experience and had to stop the car 3 times as I felt so ill and like i was about to die. Please help if its not one thing its another.

Hi,
Welcome. Eating good food is critical for controlling stress. It sounds cliche, but it is not. Your stress hormone cortisol will raise from not enough food and so will the coffee. I have recommended protein smoothies for those who have a hard time eating. I had protein drinks when I had a hard time eating. It really makes a difference in how you feel.

Im-Suffering
10-13-2014, 08:59 PM

I dont eat alot
2 x up and gos
a bannana
2 lcm bars
coffee and biscuit

I asked you list your diet for a reason.

That's 1200 calories give or take (starvation both in calories and quality foods), not enough to gain weight, it's black and white. Now it is full of lactose and gluten. Lactose if you are the slightest intolerant will produce the symptoms you experience. Coupled with constant worry, your stomach is a war zone.

Come off the milk and ice cream, substitute almond milk for cereal and eat granola or oat instead of wheats.- granola - switch to decaf coffee as caffeinated stimulates acid production and with the already irritated lining of the stomach increases gastro intestinal disturbances. Continue with the fruits and lean chicken, substitute breads for vegetable pasta.

See a nutritionist if you could afford it, at least for a few sessions to teach you how to eat correctly gaining weight from quality diet.

I have given you the answers, the rest is up to you. Your health hangs in the balance, what will you do? If you don't care enough about yourself, look into your daughters eyes and do it for her, do you understand ? Get a hold of yourself..it's a warning.

JustaGal
10-13-2014, 10:05 PM
I asked you list your diet for a reason.

That's 1200 calories give or take (starvation both in calories and quality foods), not enough to gain weight, it's black and white. Now it is full of lactose and gluten. Lactose if you are the slightest intolerant will produce the symptoms you experience. Coupled with constant worry, your stomach is a war zone.

Come off the milk and ice cream, substitute almond milk for cereal and eat granola or oat instead of wheats.- granola - switch to decaf coffee as caffeinated stimulates acid production and with the already irritated lining of the stomach increases gastro intestinal disturbances. Continue with the fruits and lean chicken, substitute breads for vegetable pasta.

See a nutritionist if you could afford it, at least for a few sessions to teach you how to eat correctly gaining weight from quality diet.

I have given you the answers, the rest is up to you. Your health hangs in the balance, what will you do? If you don't care enough about yourself, look into your daughters eyes and do it for her, do you understand ? Get a hold of yourself..it's a warning.

I agree with Im-Suffering. Don't feel attacked Scared 22 - know that people here care and want to see others get better. : )