PDA

View Full Version : cant function

kaileen
06-23-2005, 08:43 AM
my head is always spinning all the time i cant focus on things very well, I think i have GAD but i dont think it said anything about being unable to function. I have all these thngs going on inside at once, it seems so much to do and so little time, i worry i wont be able to finish it all and then it blows up and i cant seem to function and do what im supposed to.

i cant even hold conversations for long because im always thinking of something. even thinking about silly things like what if my son doesn't do well in school am I driving him and husband nuts, did i do enough in my life.

i try to get sleep but need sleep aids otherwise im up all night thinking of things. during the day i try to drown it out by watching tv, but i feel so useless then. am i the only one that has all this stuff going on inside the head but cant seem to do anything

shoe
06-24-2005, 10:07 AM
Kaileen, I'm sorry things are rough for you.

I dont have GAD myself, but it sure does sound like you have it. The 'not functioning' thing doesn't sound like it would put you outside of that category. There are always variations in the way people cope with or handle things.

I know for me I do have times when I get anxious about the many things I have to do or would like to achieve.. and many times I too wind up doing nothing about it, or finding some other activity to keep my mind off all of that mess.

I do find that making a list of some sort of everything I need to do and keeping it posted on the fridge or on a calendar or in my scheduling software somehow takes some strain off of my brain and lessens my anxiety about it all, but that could just work for me.

anyway, I hope you can find help for your problems. i wish u luck :)
dan

kaileen
06-30-2005, 11:57 AM
thanks dan i have an appointment with a psychologist in 2 weeks, i hope that gives me some answers and hope for the future. things need to change for me, i am sick of this and want to get rid of it!

klb
08-13-2005, 07:32 PM
thanks dan i have an appointment with a psychologist in 2 weeks, i hope that gives me some answers and hope for the future. things need to change for me, i am sick of this and want to get rid of it!
Hello, how did your appt, with psycologist go?