PDA

View Full Version : Experiences with Sertraline?

sweetdaytx
10-10-2014, 05:14 PM
(Zoloft) Just started on it yesterday...having a super upset stomach. . I'm guessing it's a side affect. can anyone share their experiences on it as far as anxiety goes??

TIA

jessed03
10-10-2014, 05:41 PM
It's one of the milder meds. Starting up, getting off - they usually aren't too troublesome. A lot of your natural serotonin production happens in your gut, which is why it can feel quite upset when some new drug comes on the scene.

It always scores very highly in tests determining drug effectiveness and drug usability. I'd be surprised if it didn't take an edge off of what you're suffering.

sweetdaytx
10-10-2014, 10:10 PM
It's one of the milder meds. Starting up, getting off - they usually aren't too troublesome. A lot of your natural serotonin production happens in your gut, which is why it can feel quite upset when some new drug comes on the scene.

It always scores very highly in tests determining drug effectiveness and drug usability. I'd be surprised if it didn't take an edge off of what you're suffering.

Thanks very much for the feedback! I'm hoping i will start to feel it working soon.

em1
10-11-2014, 04:02 PM
Hi Ya :) they will take a few weeks to fully kick in,I was on 50mg for just over a year and they was really good for me
What dose are you on? Keep going with them it will help you

Oh hi jessed:)

sweetdaytx
10-11-2014, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I was put on 50mg. I've been on celexa in the past and it was Very helpful, but I'm nursing my baby so the dr said zoloft is safer.
I'm just hoping to get some peace back in my life!!

sweetdaytx
10-12-2014, 09:47 PM
Feeling kind of a yucky, drunk, sleepy feeling. I've never really struggled with depression, just anxiety, but today I am feeling sort of like an empty shell of myself. And I've felt very down and disconnected.

I'm hoping these are side affects that will go away. I sure don't want to feel like this all the time. It's strange I don't recall experiencing any side affects when I was on Citalopam a couple of years ago.

em1
10-13-2014, 02:52 AM
Hello there :) yes I got this to
It will pass,stick with them,each day will get easier

Ponder
10-13-2014, 04:30 AM
Good for me around 6 months worth - when I got to 12 months I had to question the side effects (and despite the mild claims - they are there and its all about how long you depend on such "aids" - It was no picnic coming off them after a years reliance. Takes the brain quite a while to readjust.

Good Luck.