PDA

View Full Version : weird vision

manda
10-10-2014, 11:05 AM
For the past few days i have been getting strange vision disturbances. I can be just sitting down and suddenly everything seems out of focus or Il have blurred vision. I feel like i am not actually here or my surroundings are not real. My head feels heavy and my eyes hurt. Bright lights make me feel worse and i keep getting head rushes and panicking. Does anybody else experience this with anxiety?

Joe.
10-10-2014, 11:12 AM
Sounds like de-realisation. Nothing harmful that, let it happen, It can't hurt you in any way, if you know that when It does happen it will go faster. Also make sure you are well hydrated, with 'good' (can't think of right name) water is best, helps your anxiety and your health.

Take care

leather_couch
10-10-2014, 02:12 PM
For the past few days i have been getting strange vision disturbances. I can be just sitting down and suddenly everything seems out of focus or Il have blurred vision. I feel like i am not actually here or my surroundings are not real. My head feels heavy and my eyes hurt. Bright lights make me feel worse and i keep getting head rushes and panicking. Does anybody else experience this with anxiety?

Manda, Joe is probably right. This does sound a lot like derealization or depersonalization, which is a side effect - A HARMLESS ONE - of anxiety. I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and panic attacks and I know that from time to time the feeling of euphoria is quite strong. Sometimes it feels as if I'm watching a movie through my eyes and the screen is foggy. It is irritating, but quite harmless really. I know I've driven with it, played hockey with it and made dinner with it and after a while it goes away. Try to accept the derealization as best as you can. It may not be pleasant, but it wont hurt you and its certainly not a permanent condition. Good luck, my friend.

Enduronman
10-10-2014, 02:18 PM
Yup!
Had to get prescription glasses.

E-Man.