PDA

View Full Version : Girlfriend has DVT

nico_uk
07-01-2008, 06:56 AM
Hey, I feel so down at the moment my gf has a DVT and is in hospital, before she went in I was struggling with my axiety now its realy bad I feel like nothing is real and that I might go crazy. We have just moved house and I feel exhausted all the time, any tips for coping in difficult times?

Nick

The Melody of Rain
07-01-2008, 08:37 AM
Plenty of sleep, although without oversleeping. Bed before 12am and rise before 9am. People underestimate the aid sleep can afford us, but theres a definite co-relation between sleep and anxiety. Since anxiety manifests as a result of stress, and stress drains you of mental and physical energy, it only proves that rest will repair and calm.
Ever since I got myself back into a regular sleeping pattern, I've just had a tremendous sense of well-being and happiness. I feel like I can cope with anything. Today I feel drained and sluggish because I've had under 15 hours sleep in the last week due to college work, but at least I know the reason and it can be mended with a couple of early nights.

I'm sorry for your troubles. What exactly is DVT?

Robbed
07-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Bed before 12am and rise before 9am.

Although getting enough sleep and having a regular sleep pattern are both VERY important, I don't think that the exact time you sleep really matters. If, for instance, you stay up later because of work, hanging out with friends, etc, I don't think there is anything wrong with this so long as your sleep is regular and sufficient in terms of hours.

The Melody of Rain
07-03-2008, 01:29 PM
Thats just what I do, but I agree. I would also like to add that I think people who have difficulties with anxiety should have more sleep than usual for them.

Robbed
07-04-2008, 02:37 AM
Thats just what I do, but I agree.

Exactly. If your sleep schedule works for you, then GREAT. But by no means should someone who likes to stay up later than 12:00 feel like they are doing something wrong.

I would also like to add that I think people who have difficulties with anxiety should have more sleep than usual for them.

I agree with this, too. But the BIG problem here is that SO many people with anxiety problems could not do this if they wanted to.