PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you experience muscle twitching?

Tyler Patterson
10-07-2014, 10:24 PM
I started to notice over the past two months that when my anxiety is high i get little sporadic muscle twitches. Ironically it lead to my first encounter with my first recognizable case of hypochondria? Just trying to figure out if this is a common thing or not.

Madirain
10-07-2014, 11:03 PM
I started to notice over the past two months that when my anxiety is high i get little sporadic muscle twitches. Ironically it lead to my first encounter with my first recognizable case of hypochondria? Just trying to figure out if this is a common thing or not.

Hi Tyler, muscle twitching seems to be a common physical symptom of anxiety. It really is amazing just how much anxiety can affect our bodies in turn spiking the "hypochondriac"
reactions. It turns into a vicious cycle...and to answer your question, I get the muscle twitching under stress and times of high anxiety....as with any physical symptom it should be diagnosed through a
medical professional.

Enduronman
10-08-2014, 05:20 AM
Yes, I get them too but don't pay much attention to them.
All common in anxiety sufferers friend.
Don't worry about it.

E-Man :)

lukeypoo1412
10-08-2014, 10:41 AM

The muscle spasms and twitching initiated my first bout with health anxiety as well. Just try your best to relax, mine definitely decrease when my anxiety is at a low level.

wereperson
10-08-2014, 10:50 AM
im getting the muscle twitches aswell. I thought i had ALS... went to about 6 doctors and still think i have ALS... im only 18. Plus do you guys find it gets hard to breathe and have like a lump in your throat and neck pains?

leather_couch
10-08-2014, 10:57 AM

It seems like a normal condition of anxiety to have muscle contractions. I know that I get my own type sometimes during the evenings as I'm drifting off to sleep. I will have a type of facial wince that lasts a second. It will usually wake me up for a few minutes. It can probably manifest itself in different ways with different people, and is more of a symptom of anxiety than a real bodily problem. For me what helps is deep breathing. Good luck!

Exactice
10-08-2014, 03:27 PM
ALL THE DAMN TIME! LOL i feel like someone shocked me. Another poster made a comment that makes sense that panic and anxiety leads to a shot of adrenaline, so as we become anxious it could be just a juice of extra adrenaline running through our body.

I like to think of me being a super hero (Wanted - the movie) I tell my self that I am a special breed with special powers! And this is just parts of my special powers! Seriously.... I know I am a little nuts but it helps!