PDA

View Full Version : I need to be reassured

Olive Yew
10-07-2014, 10:27 AM
So the tingling in my hands and feet has decreased significantly but a tremor has taken its place. When I'm relaxed, nothing happens but when I use my hands (taking a picture, lifting something, pushing against something) or my legs (walking down stairs) my muscles shake like they're exhausted, even though they aren't. I dont gave panic attacks hardly EVER anymore but I do always have a persistent worry that I have MS. I can block it out sometimes and other times it's all I think about. I can be perfectly happy and relaxed and my muscles will still shake when I use them.... Anyone else has or have had something similar??

Exactice
10-07-2014, 02:23 PM
OH Yes, I got a bunch of muscle spasms all the time. Yes when I do any exercise it gets a jolt or when I am a little anxious. The mind is firing all kinds of stuff so signals go crazy sending shocks through the body. Its kinda of annoying but I have never noticed anything bad to the jolts or the shakes. I just check it off as my brain making sure all those body parts are working fine =)

Pretty normal for me!

PS Congrats on your work on your panic!! It gets better and better!

leather_couch
10-07-2014, 02:49 PM
So the tingling in my hands and feet has decreased significantly but a tremor has taken its place. When I'm relaxed, nothing happens but when I use my hands (taking a picture, lifting something, pushing against something) or my legs (walking down stairs) my muscles shake like they're exhausted, even though they aren't.

Hello Olive, it sounds as if your anxiety is increased when you feel these sensation and it builds on itself when you begin to think about a physical cause for it. But rest assured, this is pretty common. It sounds like this could be classic panic just manifesting itself in another way. Let me give you an example if you don't mind; when I was in college I had a few really icky stretches of weeks with panic attacks that seemed to occur in different parts of my body. Even when the really acute attacks that involved a racing heart and shortness of breath weren't present, I recall feeling weak in my legs. Sometimes I even felt as if I were about to fall over. I call it pipe cleaner panic, because my body felt as if it were made of a pipe cleaner that had been bent just enough to make me feel off-kilter. What ended up helping was actually getting out for a walk. It's funny how little I would focus on the bendy feeling when I was out in the fresh air with my dog. One one occasion I recall, I set out with him down to the Verrazano Bridge, which was several miles away. I can tell you, that was an amazing walk and that night I felt at ease. I try to remember that with different types of panic I experience. Sometimes, the panic is just a twitch of the nose while I'm drifting off to sleep. Other times, it's as if my heart is playing a game of basketball!...So, thanks for bearing with me. I think the long and short of it, is try to just walk around with it as best as you can. Take some deep breaths and try to redirect your attention elsewhere; scenery, smells, etc. Good luck and hang in there.

lukeypoo1412
10-07-2014, 03:03 PM
So the tingling in my hands and feet has decreased significantly but a tremor has taken its place. When I'm relaxed, nothing happens but when I use my hands (taking a picture, lifting something, pushing against something) or my legs (walking down stairs) my muscles shake like they're exhausted, even though they aren't. I dont gave panic attacks hardly EVER anymore but I do always have a persistent worry that I have MS. I can block it out sometimes and other times it's all I think about. I can be perfectly happy and relaxed and my muscles will still shake when I use them.... Anyone else has or have had something similar??

I am currently going through the exact same thing. I went to the neurologist for the numbness/tingling in my feet, got a few MRI's done, and everything turned out to be normal. I still get the muscle spasms from time to time, especially when working out or anxious. It wouldn't hurt to go see a doctor. They can do a few neurological checks and possibly put your mind at ease. But you aren't the only one going through this. I still get nervous about the symptoms too, but just know you aren't alone!

Im-Suffering
10-07-2014, 03:32 PM
Olive is referring to uncontrollable shaking not twitching. For example when you hold a cup and your hand shakes where you cannot even sip from it. Or you drive your car and your foot shakes so much you cannot keep it steady on the pedal.

This is adrenaline Olive, and or a nervous reaction, for example if you are afraid of going to the library, your food will shake in the car on the way while you attempt to give it gas.

Shaking, tremors, nervous pitch in the voice, timidness, quite tone or soft speech, all physiological response to fear. It is called a 'nervous state' or 'nervous wreck'. Give yourself a few days to calm the body, you must have had a recent adrenaline dump from an ongoing or sudden stressful experience. The body will also ache a bit, and emotionally the symptoms will feel like a pulling away, a repressing, or holding back. As a child it's possible you were traumatized and you were so young you could not speak, or you were forced not to speak, or told you should be seen and not heard coupled with strict discipline. That's why the shaking is symbolic of a feeling of holding back, when you want to release. Do you understand?

It would be helpful then, since the physical symptoms are symbolic of mental issues that need recognition, to let the body sensation speak to you. Ask the sensation what it has to say and find the link or emotional attachment, you see. Any physical symptom is tied into the web of mental distress first. The body does not act on its own, only under your direction. Or indirection as in the case where you do not remember the original emotional experience, but now only feel it's effects, you see. So you have nothing to pinpoint, and thus the fear of the unknown, which is in truth, always known, you just need to recall the trauma or maybe as described above, the strict discipline where you were unable to speak, which when repressed, often in childhood we are speaking about, is the main cause of epilepsy and its lesser forms of seizures, convulsions, or just shaking, tremors intermittently.

From a psychological standpoint the fear of criticism causes your symptoms, you may have been overly judged and harshly critiqued as a child, thus the repression, afraid to speak up, and the shaking then as you hold back the emotions you see. That's what they feel like, if you try and feel around into them a bit, the emotion itself feels like a ball and chain, and it's suffocating.

Epilepsy then is explosive, emotionally, as the individual releases through the body much like a thunderstorm which is a release in the atmosphere and often rejuvenating and therapeutic, with the smell of clean air and breezes behind it. The epileptic if he could speak would say "you see mom, dad, see what I have become, I spent years repressing my emotions unable to communicate my feelings to you, and my body is overloaded with energy, watch what you have done as my body reacts to the suffocation and criticism"

This information may help you.

You'll be fine.

Exactice
10-07-2014, 04:14 PM
^^^ Good Point Suffering..... Better way to explain it.... most likely an adrenaline rush for all of us!

Olive Yew
10-07-2014, 06:20 PM
The only thing I could think of is I was bullied as a kid for being squirrelly and overactive. Not ADHD... Just HYPER lol. I had a lot of energy as a kid. School kind of beat it out of me. My parents have been great. I have nothing against them... But I was born being extremely outgoing and friendly and now Im a quaking introvert with health anxiety disorder. I still like people... But i dont let myself be so... Squirrelly about it....

That's all I've got. I dont THINK it bothers me very much but that's the only repression that I can think of...

Exactice
10-07-2014, 06:25 PM
HAHAHA Me too..... I was a nut case
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff449/Blooddraconis98/over-the-hedge-squirrel-o.gif

It was crazy for me too... funny part I never repressed it... I still got it.... so all seems normal! LOL!

Olive Yew
10-08-2014, 08:27 PM
Even if I just hold my hand up, it trembles. It does nothing when it's relaxed but if I use it at all.... Here comes the shakes... Blaaaaaah!

Im-Suffering
10-08-2014, 08:52 PM
The only thing I could think of is I was bullied as a kid for being squirrelly and overactive. Not ADHD... Just HYPER lol. I had a lot of energy as a kid. School kind of beat it out of me. My parents have been great. I have nothing against them... But I was born being extremely outgoing and friendly and now Im a quaking introvert with health anxiety disorder. I still like people... But i dont let myself be so... Squirrelly about it....

That's all I've got. I dont THINK it bothers me very much but that's the only repression that I can think of...

I can't stress enough....the answers are within the trembling, tremors. The trembling has a voice. The emotion will speak if you listen.

What does this tremble, shake, twitch say, where does it lead me. What pictures go through my imagination, what movies are playing of memories. Memories speak in emotions and images. The little girl reaches out through them, to speak, to tell you all about yourself. What you thought, felt said to yourself during childhood events.

The physical symptoms are symbolic of the emotions she felt at that time...however the mind cannot distinguish then from now. So now you shake with no memory, the connection is lost, bewildering you into a panic state, for seeming no reason.

You are still you, period. Meaning you are still the upbeat, energetic extrovert...acting as if, it were introverted, silenced, and thus the energies used for expression are released through the nervous system instead of as a natural expression of the full body and soul, like a work of art. An epileptic repressed in fear and eventually you have a psychic explosion of forces, what was attempted to control explodes uncontrollably. What you attempt to control is seen expressed as the shaking. Your fear is made real.

"What is happening, I'm so scared, I'm actually shaking, should I run, or stay, should I fight, I can't, I'm so weak compared to everyone else, I'm such a coward, I hate myself" -- The little girl facing problems she cannot solve.