PDA

View Full Version : Sad

melissa90
10-07-2014, 01:24 AM
so today I talked to my younger brother, who said his friend had just gotten labelled as terminal cancer (under a year survival) a the age of 22. I know him, but he is not personally my friend, yet still I feel very emotional about this. I myself being just 2 years older, its's just a sad reminder that life is unfair, sigh ...

jessed03
10-07-2014, 11:34 PM
That's very sad. Such a young age too.

I think the most we can ever ask for is to find some fulfilment in life. Hopefully your young friend finds some before his time comes.

I had a friend that went through a near death experience once. She was dead for around 40 minutes. She said being dead was the most peaceful, comforting experience she'd ever felt. That that state was so much more preferable to being alive. It's changed my opinion on dying a little.

melissa90
10-07-2014, 11:49 PM
I suppose that is a relatively comforting thought on death, this kid has already lost his leg and part of his lung to the disease -- so he's been through hell and back. I wish him lots of comfort and peace through what is left of his life and in death.

leather_couch
10-08-2014, 09:46 AM
I suppose that is a relatively comforting thought on death, this kid has already lost his leg and part of his lung to the disease -- so he's been through hell and back. I wish him lots of comfort and peace through what is left of his life and in death.

Melissa, regardless of whether you know your brother's friend well or not, you are entitled to your feelings of sadness. Dying and death at a young age is something that is always a cause of great sadness. It is normal and healthy to question the fairness of it all...I don't think any of us really have the answer to that, although as Jessed03 points out, there are things we can look to that are positive...That said, none of us really knows for sure when our time is going to come...It seems that some of the people who are most fulfilled are those who try to accept the mystery of it, as hard as that is...If you are feeling low, one thing you can do is to try to find something, any little positive thing that may make your heart dance, even if it is only for a moment...Music is a good remedy for me...And I must admit; so is dancing alone (as much as I like to dance with my wife, I have to admit, I'm a better dancer!) can raise the spirits. I know this may sound bizarre, but something, anything that may pick up your spirits. Getting some fresh air, exercise (if you can), a book, drawing, etc. You get the idea. Sometimes that's the best way to lose oneself and get comfortable with the mystery. Good luck, my friend.