PDA

View Full Version : Raw Cultured Vegetables (Probiotics)

JustaGal
10-06-2014, 10:42 AM
Tonight I am going to the health food store and getting Healing Movement Raw Cultured Vegetables that comes in a jar. You can also make your own. Or raw sauerkraut, Kimchi.
I am adding this to my current anti anxiety plan. Not only does it have many health benefits, but the probiotics build serotonin in your gut and feed GABA. I am adding this in addition to my meds. If you don't want to leave your house, some can be ordered online.

You can read more on Mercola.com.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/10/22/this-supplement-can-actually-make-you-happy.aspx
Well worth the time to research.

Donna Gates

http://bodyecology.com/articles/a-healthy-gut-balances-moods#.VDLHs2ddUms

jessed03
10-10-2014, 12:22 PM
How ya liking your probiotics?

Usually I take kefir ever winter. Keeps the viruses away. I haven't sorted any out this year and I've already had one bout of illness!

JustaGal
10-10-2014, 01:50 PM
How ya liking your probiotics?

Usually I take kefir ever winter. Keeps the viruses away. I haven't sorted any out this year and I've already had one bout of illness!

Hi,

I am eating some cultured veggies everyday. Makes me feel like I am doing something good for myself. Which we know how good probiotics are. I want to try kefir next.

Dahila
10-10-2014, 07:34 PM
I use Kefir all the time , now my daughter got the taste for it. adding some nice protein and a banana is good too :))

JohnC
10-11-2014, 06:33 AM
I take probiotics every morning. I think this winter i will look into that kefir that you use dahlia. Right now just so busy with my dad and trying to get the house ready for winter and also Deer season is in which really puts a lot of meat in my freezer and it helps my family with a more lean and better source of meat. I do all my own butchering so i know what and where its been.

Dahila
10-11-2014, 07:34 AM
John you just strain the kefir grains and pour milk over, no work involved at all:)) I found it is much better than taking probiotic pills, who knows what it inside, it is not regulated by FDA, you do not know what is there. With kefir made at home you have more control over it and over 50 living strains of beneficial bacteria :))
John you changing my views on hunting. the way you treat it, is so natural. You are not hunting for a pleasure of killing but for food, :)

jessed03
10-11-2014, 10:02 AM
I make water kefir. I like using it like a soda. It grows so so quickly though. I wish some of you guys lived in the UK, I could send you some.

JohnC
10-11-2014, 10:10 AM
Dahlia. Killing animals is not so easy for me mentally anymore. I try and use every bit and i always feel sad for taking an animals life but at least the animals i do take have never been in pens or cages. It's hard work from start to finish but the bottom line is it saves me a lot of money and it is better than we get at the grocery. Every single living human being would not be here if our ancestors were not good hunter gathers.

Dahila
10-11-2014, 12:38 PM
Yes John and what I like, it the way Native were killing them for food and use everything....this is the way to go. I make soaps with lard and tallow and they are really good soaps, so nothing goes to waste either:)

Dahila
10-11-2014, 12:39 PM
Jesse give us more info about water grains please?

JustaGal
10-11-2014, 12:49 PM
I use Kefir all the time , now my daughter got the taste for it. adding some nice protein and a banana is good too :))

That sounds good! I will have to try it.

JustaGal
10-11-2014, 12:51 PM
John you just strain the kefir grains and pour milk over, no work involved at all:)) I found it is much better than taking probiotic pills, who knows what it inside, it is not regulated by FDA, you do not know what is there. With kefir made at home you have more control over it and over 50 living strains of beneficial bacteria :))
John you changing my views on hunting. the way you treat it, is so natural. You are not hunting for a pleasure of killing but for food, :)

I agree, a food source is more powerful than the pill, and much cheaper. Although the pill can bring a variety of strains as well.

JustaGal
10-11-2014, 12:52 PM
I take probiotics every morning. I think this winter i will look into that kefir that you use dahlia. Right now just so busy with my dad and trying to get the house ready for winter and also Deer season is in which really puts a lot of meat in my freezer and it helps my family with a more lean and better source of meat. I do all my own butchering so i know what and where its been.

Yes, and your meat is not full of growth hormones and antibiotics.

Dahila
10-11-2014, 04:09 PM
Justagal we make smoothies with the milk kefir:) try it is good

JustaGal
10-11-2014, 05:16 PM
Justagal we make smoothies with the milk kefir:) try it is good

Good idea, I will!