PDA

View Full Version : Currently in a torture chamber

Aloneandhandsome
10-06-2014, 08:17 AM
I'm an agoraphobic, completely homebound living with my mother. About a week ago my apartment started shaking, I can't sleep and I get dizzy from it. Its pretty constant and the worst at night. I'm not sure if its construction or a neighbor but we've asked them and they said its not them. I can't escape it like I said I'm homebound. We live in a fairly busy area so just going outside in this condition is like going from the frying pan into the fire.

I'm home alone most of the day living in this torture chamber with little sleep, no appetite, sever anxiety and no one to help me, and my mind is consumed by this non stop, I'm so worn out. My mother works and for some reason isn't neccassarily willing to find out what It is even though I've begged her. Even just finding out what it is could at least give me some peace of mind.

Although I'm not suicidal I've started to see how people could become suicidal and I'm scared I'll get to that point because im progressively getting worse.

Any suggestions on what I can do?

Joe.
10-06-2014, 09:31 AM
Get outside, might sound terrifying or irrational, but if you do it you will feel a lot of relief and decreased anxiety!

Like you said, find out what it is, will help.

Take care.

Im-Suffering
10-06-2014, 10:36 AM
I'm an agoraphobic, completely homebound living with my mother. About a week ago my apartment started shaking, I can't sleep and I get dizzy from it. Its pretty constant and the worst at night. I'm not sure if its construction or a neighbor but we've asked them and they said its not them. I can't escape it like I said I'm homebound. We live in a fairly busy area so just going outside in this condition is like going from the frying pan into the fire.

I'm home alone most of the day living in this torture chamber with little sleep, no appetite, sever anxiety and no one to help me, and my mind is consumed by this non stop, I'm so worn out. My mother works and for some reason isn't neccassarily willing to find out what It is even though I've begged her. Even just finding out what it is could at least give me some peace of mind.

Although I'm not suicidal I've started to see how people could become suicidal and I'm scared I'll get to that point because im progressively getting worse.

Any suggestions on what I can do?

Suicide has nothing to do with fear, suicides feel they are powerless to change, often demanding life subject itself to a rigid rule set of their making,

Suicide is always violent, in the sense the person has given up, given in to these powerless , often hopeless feelings, and only through a violent act against the self can some control be maintained. Suicides will wake up to realize that their method was not constructive and will be told of better ways to resolve problems. They will find themselves returning to do it all over.

Even amidst your inner trembling, in which the shakes of the building are highly symbolic for you. The building is reflecting what you yourself feel inside. You must begin at once to use your resources, your faculties, and attempt to solve your problems taking steps at least to show yourself capable, that is very important for this soul.

You can make calls all day long you see, to building inspectors, county gov people, landlords, other tenants, shops downstairs, you can regain power you see, by acting in ways to help solve this issue or any other. And any power you feel will lesson the attraction toward suicide which is the ultimate powerless expression.

And although you may feel fear in taking action as suggested, or any steps toward problem resolution, you will find at nighttime you will feel more relaxed, more 'at home' because you would have released pent up energies and taken steps to help yourself.