PDA

View Full Version : Buspirone side effects

Kristinleigh520
10-04-2014, 08:13 PM
Hey there. This is my first post, so bear with me. I've been on Buspirone for about 6 months now. Sometimes it seems to be working, then other times it isn't. I still have panic attacks when I'm on them and I get these crazy dizzy spells that will last anywhere from one day to 3 days that makes me feel nauseated, and I'm already nervous and and anxious about throwing up, stomach problems, etc. has anyone else had anything like this? I used to take Prozac too for 10 years, and have been off for over a year now, but still having hot flashes every now and then, panic attacks I my sleep. I just don't know what to do now. I'm a mom of three who homeschools and I just want relief and to get back to being me. Thank you in advance!!

JustaGal
10-04-2014, 09:11 PM
Sounds like it may not be a good fit for you, or the dosage needs to be adjusted.
I have heard that it is not for panic attacks. I have been on it for a couple of weeks. It seems to help with anxiety. I get dizzy for a minute and it passes. I am pretty happy with it.

1Bluerose68
10-04-2014, 09:21 PM
Let your doc know how this med makes you feel. They may try a diff med w/ less side effects, if you keep the communication open about these side effects. It's not an OTC drug, right? There are many choices of meds out there and people are affected differently than others. So thats why we must communicate these side effects w/ our prescribing doc.

Kristinleigh520
10-05-2014, 11:47 AM
Let your doc know how this med makes you feel. They may try a diff med w/ less side effects, if you keep the communication open about these side effects. It's not an OTC drug, right? There are many choices of meds out there and people are affected differently than others. So thats why we must communicate these side effects w/ our prescribing doc.

Thank you both for your response! You're right, I am going to talk to my doctor about more options. He had first placed me on it because he knew I had worked so hard to get off of Prozac, so he was trying to choose a medication for me that would be non addictive. Thank you both again for your help.

JustaGal
10-05-2014, 01:57 PM
Thank you both for your response! You're right, I am going to talk to my doctor about more options. He had first placed me on it because he knew I had worked so hard to get off of Prozac, so he was trying to choose a medication for me that would be non addictive. Thank you both again for your help.

Your welcome! I like to hear what people that actually take it have to say.
I have posted questions about buspar as well.

lukeypoo1412
10-08-2014, 10:38 AM
Hey there. This is my first post, so bear with me. I've been on Buspirone for about 6 months now. Sometimes it seems to be working, then other times it isn't. I still have panic attacks when I'm on them and I get these crazy dizzy spells that will last anywhere from one day to 3 days that makes me feel nauseated, and I'm already nervous and and anxious about throwing up, stomach problems, etc. has anyone else had anything like this? I used to take Prozac too for 10 years, and have been off for over a year now, but still having hot flashes every now and then, panic attacks I my sleep. I just don't know what to do now. I'm a mom of three who homeschools and I just want relief and to get back to being me. Thank you in advance!!

I definitely get similar side effects from the medication. I feel quite dizzy for an hour after I take it. But it seems to help my anxiety.