PDA

View Full Version : Stiff neck and anxiety

1Bluerose68
10-02-2014, 06:49 PM
I suffer from a chronic problem with stiff neck and mid back problems(achy most the time). I am on Motrin all day and night. I hate having to take OTC's just to survive stiff neck and back pain. But in order to be able to work to pay the rent and bills i must go to work. In order to work I cant take anti anx meds during the day. Therefore, most the day I suffer anxiety, until I take my PM med of anti anxiety and then I sleep pretty well. Wake up and then it starts all over again. I fell at 12 ice skating and then run over by a car in early 30's and slipped and fell on a water spill in a hallway made of marble tile w/ summer sandals on.......So my neck and back have incurred REAL injuries too. But I think my anxiety and SAD make it a tad worse. I also take Wellbutrin for SAD but that doesnt help too much for the back pain. It does give me more Energy to go to work though. Also I am on a diet supplament that gives me some extra energy and curbs the appetite a tad so that I don't eat as much out of anxiety During the Day....I do notice my neck gets worse in malls and places where I must look at everything around me. I saw a chiro long term but took a break just for a breaks sake. Think I really need to shed a good 40 lbs before my back troubles begin to leave me alone.....Any suggestions or feedback from you people out there???

Sincerely,
1Bluerose68

Enduronman
10-03-2014, 05:39 AM
I suffer from a chronic problem with stiff neck and mid back problems(achy most the time).

I have the same problem in my neck and back too. Every stupid day!
An MRI revealed bulging, herniated, leaky discs. Spondylosis and retrolisthesis. Physical therapy didn't help. Thinking about seeing a chiropractor but just not sure.
My doctor prescribed a Compound pain cream from Focused Pain Relief in New York to help with the neck pains, it does help greatly. Has 5 different medications in it.
Just sitting here causes neck and back pains. I do have a strong pain medication that helps with the back however. OTC's wouldn't do anything. Neither would Tramadol or Norco.
I can empathize with you, spinal problems can make life miserable and difficult on top of everything else.
Wish you better days friend!

E-Man :)