PDA

View Full Version : Sounds stuck in head? (tormenting)

jiffnon
10-02-2014, 07:03 AM
Hey all,

I've had songs stuck in my head constantly for around a month, and I've pretty much learned to live with it, but I was at the movies yesterday and I suddenly thought of a clicking/trigger-type gun sound. Then I found I couldn't get rid of it and started freaking out. Since then I've had an array of annoying, loud sounds stuck in my head that are quite vivid. They always feel like they're in my right ear for some reason. A lot of things now tend to repeat in my head after I've heard them. Am I alone or does anybody else get this? It's quite worrying and highly tormenting.

jiffnon
10-05-2014, 04:06 PM
Sorry to bump but I'm quite desperate and scared.

I've also found that stuff tends to repeat in my head after hearing it, especially things other people say out loud. I've been terrified of schizophrenia and psychosis for quite some time so obviously these new symptoms aren't helping.

JustaGal
10-05-2014, 06:55 PM
Sorry to bump but I'm quite desperate and scared.

I've also found that stuff tends to repeat in my head after hearing it, especially things other people say out loud. I've been terrified of schizophrenia and psychosis for quite some time so obviously these new symptoms aren't helping.

HI, Sorry you are going through this. Do you have a doc appt lined up? I dont share this experience but wanted to respond. Do you have a history of depression or anxiety?

Enduronman
10-06-2014, 07:02 AM
I often get a thought stuck in my head too, it seems its just the brains idea of creating a diversion away from other things that stress me out.
Probably a good idea to get in to see a doctor to help calm your thoughts friend.
Wishing you the best!

E-Man :)