PDA

View Full Version : Tips please

manz82
09-23-2014, 01:24 PM
Hi everyone. Hope you're all well.
I need a few tips and a bit of reassurance if you could be so kind...
I won't bore you all with the details, but I'm going through quite a stressful time at the moment and for the past couple of weeks my anxiety has been tormenting me at night. Just when I get settled to go to sleep my heart starts beating fast, I can feel it pulsing in my neck, I feel scared and my stomach starts to turn over. I get shaky and restless. Last night I was battling until 3 in the morning.
I'm trying not to rely on diazepam but I'm wondering if taking one at night will help me get some rest and relax. I need to add that I'm nervous of taking any pill and it frightens me that I may have a reaction to them (even though I've took them in the past when I needed to calm myself)
What would you guys do?
Any advice would be welcomed x

Kuma
09-23-2014, 04:32 PM
Recently, I have tried passionflower tea, when I was feeling anxious and concerned about my ability to sleep, but did not want to take a pill. It worked pretty well for me (and I am not one to rely on herbal remedies very often). So that might be one option.

* I am not qualified to provide medical advice. I cannot, and do not, give advice with regard the safety or efficacy of any medication. All such matters should be discussed with a medical professional.