PDA

View Full Version : Abdominal Pain

shakyshawn
09-22-2014, 07:29 PM
I've had problems since having a major anxiety attack 4 months ago. The first place I went was my GP who did some test and put me on Xanax. Ever since that day I have had abdominal pain on my right side. My GP sent me for a CT and referred me to a surgeon for a scope. Well, the surgeon did a scope and he also did an ultrasound and a hida scan. The scope biopsy revealed acid reflux (which explained my chest pains), but all of the other tests were fine. I asked him about the pain in my side again and he said, "I have no idea what that is. Every test you've had shows nothing wrong." He said he would do a colonoscopy if I wanted, but he really didn't think I needed it. He said based on my abdominal CT, he saw no reason.
So I asked this question, "Could it be due to my anxiety." (I mean, it started at the same time.)
He firmly shook his head "No".
I asked again and he said, "It's not possible."
I was sure that I had read several times that it could be. To be fair, he ended by saying, "I'm a surgeon and I'm not really that knowledgeable about that."
So, my anxious friends, have you had any problem like this?

Thanks for your input :)

Im-Suffering
09-23-2014, 06:09 AM
I've had problems since having a major anxiety attack 4 months ago. The first place I went was my GP who did some test and put me on Xanax. Ever since that day I have had abdominal pain on my right side. My GP sent me for a CT and referred me to a surgeon for a scope. Well, the surgeon did a scope and he also did an ultrasound and a hida scan. The scope biopsy revealed acid reflux (which explained my chest pains), but all of the other tests were fine. I asked him about the pain in my side again and he said, "I have no idea what that is. Every test you've had shows nothing wrong." He said he would do a colonoscopy if I wanted, but he really didn't think I needed it. He said based on my abdominal CT, he saw no reason.
So I asked this question, "Could it be due to my anxiety." (I mean, it started at the same time.)
He firmly shook his head "No".
I asked again and he said, "It's not possible."
I was sure that I had read several times that it could be. To be fair, he ended by saying, "I'm a surgeon and I'm not really that knowledgeable about that."
So, my anxious friends, have you had any problem like this?

Thanks for your input :)

Change your eating habits and your foods. Switch and play with the menu until you feel no discomfort from reflux or side pain. This includes beverages. Symbolically you will be working towards healing and that is constructive, mentally. Before you see the physical improvement.

You stop one, substitute for another, by example, switch soda to juice or vitamin water. As with everything, it takes effort.

Stop anything that you consciously know is no good for you. Psychologically that is self harm, and you are aware of that at a deeper level thus the psychosomatic sympathy pains that have no diagnosis. This includes alcohol, drugs, any vice. That vice can be emotional, such as gambling, And any abuse aimed toward either self or others. Get yourself in check.

Heal any sour relationships past or current that you have by humbling the self and apologizing. If it an old one that you think about then send a letter.

Begin to act in your best interests, small steps, and take the chance on that opportunity that you have been thinking about. Better to chance and fail that not chance at all. And this includes new friendships or potential mates.

Love puts you out there, fear pulls you back and symbolically now, gives you ghost pains. These things I mentioned, that remain repressed, are literally a thorn in your side.

Pay attention now, I don't respond to everyone, unless they need it.

shakyshawn
09-25-2014, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the reply. I'll try the substituting and see if that helps. My diet is actually pretty good. No junk food, not a lot of fattening or unhealthy foods, no drugs, cigarettes or alcohol. I'm an avid hiker and get plenty of exercise, plus I meditate regularly to try to control my symptoms.
I guess I'm the only one with unexplainable abdominal pain. Greaaaat.....