PDA

View Full Version : The Anxiety Cure Paperback – by Dr. Archibald D. Hart (Author)

JustaGal
09-22-2014, 01:07 PM
I am reading the Kindle version and find it interesting. Good fast read for those that are not familiar why the body produces anxiety. I am not saying it is a cure all - just very informative. : )

The Anxiety Cure Paperback – June 11, 2001
by Dr. Archibald D. Hart (Author)

dooges
09-23-2014, 03:07 AM
I am reading the Kindle version and find it interesting. Good fast read for those that are not familiar why the body produces anxiety. I am not saying it is a cure all - just very informative. : ) The Anxiety Cure Paperback – June 11, 2001 by Dr. Archibald D. Hart (Author)

The old saying goes "knowledge is power" and in this case it can be very important. Knowing what your body is doing and the physical symptoms anxiety can produce in your body may help some people relax when new aches, pains and twitches occur. When I first started out down the anxiety road no on, not even my doctor sat me down and explained it all to me. Sure I read forums and web sites but no one sat me down and went " look, this is what's going on etc etc"

Mine was a health anxiety that manifested itself into my work and home life. It lasted about 3-4 years. I had 100's of different symptoms and thought I was going to die of several different diseases. I'm still here obviously. But the lasting effects will be with me for a long time. Family decisions, career decisions all made at a time when my thought patterns were screwed.

What happened for me to break out of the cycle? Pretty simple really. I got sick of all the bullshit that goes with anxiety. I stopped googling. I started exercising again and got on with life. But there was one thing the psych told me that will stick with me for ever. Being worried and a little anxious about something is perfectly normal. If you get a pain or a ache don't worry about it for two weeks. Just let the body fix it. If then it is still there see a doctor and he will fix it.

I have a ton more to say so feel free to ask questions. Have a look at my history it may show the depths I came from. It may strike a cord with some.

Oh and one last thing. Stay away from alcohol and sugary food and drinks. It intensifies your anxiety.
Cheers
Dooges

Enduronman
09-23-2014, 06:40 AM
I had 100's of different symptoms and thought I was going to die of several different diseases. What happened for me to break out of the cycle? Pretty simple really. I got sick of all the bullshit that goes with anxiety. I stopped googling. I started exercising again and got on with life. But there was one thing the psych told me that will stick with me for ever. Being worried and a little anxious about something is perfectly normal. If you get a pain or a ache don't worry about it for two weeks. Just let the body fix it. If then it is still there see a doctor and he will fix it. Oh and one last thing. Stay away from alcohol and sugary food and drinks. It intensifies your anxiety.

Congratulations friend!
Just get on with life..
Awesome advice.

E-Man :)

JustaGal
09-23-2014, 08:49 AM
The old saying goes "knowledge is power" and in this case it can be very important. Knowing what your body is doing and the physical symptoms anxiety can produce in your body may help some people relax when new aches, pains and twitches occur. When I first started out down the anxiety road no on, not even my doctor sat me down and explained it all to me. Sure I read forums and web sites but no one sat me down and went " look, this is what's going on etc etc"

Mine was a health anxiety that manifested itself into my work and home life. It lasted about 3-4 years. I had 100's of different symptoms and thought I was going to die of several different diseases. I'm still here obviously. But the lasting effects will be with me for a long time. Family decisions, career decisions all made at a time when my thought patterns were screwed.

What happened for me to break out of the cycle? Pretty simple really. I got sick of all the bullshit that goes with anxiety. I stopped googling. I started exercising again and got on with life. But there was one thing the psych told me that will stick with me for ever. Being worried and a little anxious about something is perfectly normal. If you get a pain or a ache don't worry about it for two weeks. Just let the body fix it. If then it is still there see a doctor and he will fix it.

I have a ton more to say so feel free to ask questions. Have a look at my history it may show the depths I came from. It may strike a cord with some.

Oh and one last thing. Stay away from alcohol and sugary food and drinks. It intensifies your anxiety.
Cheers
Dooges

Hi - that is great you are better! I agree if it was explained to us exactly what was happening it would have helped, and interesting that anxiety/panic needs to be handled asap so it does not get worse with time.