PDA

View Full Version : Physical causes of anxiety?

adrenal_mashup
06-26-2008, 08:48 AM
For 14 years now I've felt as though I'm constantly wired on excess adrenaline and having tried just about every form of therapy available, plus a great deal of meditation and soul-searching, I've not made much progress.

I've been reading a little about thyroid problems and other issues that affect adrenal function and I've not found anything that obviously fits with the symptoms I have, though there are overlaps here and there. I've not found doctors to be particularly keen to engage in discussion on these matters, but I have been told that if there were anything clearly wrong such as a thyroid problem it would have showed up in a blood test I had a couple of years ago, indicating that I ought not to pursue those lines of questioning. I'm not convinced.
I've tried a few anti-depressants over the years and whilst they've sometimes lifted my mood they've never touched the permanent 'wired' feeling that I have. . . I'm not entirely sure what conclusions I can draw from that.
My hair is going prematurely grey, which doesn't run in the family. I'd say that that is certainly related, though it may well simply be a knock on effect of the unrelenting stress.

Any suggestions as to how I might proceed?