PDA

View Full Version : Scoliosis worry please help

Nicolepaige93
09-20-2014, 02:00 PM
When I was younger in about 5th grade they told me I had Scoliosis. I don't think it was anything major. They kinda left it where it is. I am now 20 years old and I was just recently in a car accident. I went to ER for an overall exam. They took chest x rays and the doctor told me I had Scoliosis and that the right side of my ribs are sticking out more. He didn't tell me I needed to do anything for it. I went home and researched Scoliosis and found that it can cause lung and heart problems. I'm worried my ribs or spine is pushing on my lungs. I often have breathing problems such as uncomfortable breathing. And my chest hurts to the touch in the middle and on my right side. Idk if it's just anxiety or if it's the Scoliosis. My question is if my ribs were pushing on my lungs would that x ray they took show it and they would have told me? Will my Scoliosis get worse as I get older?

Xerosnake90
09-20-2014, 06:20 PM
If it was something that needed medical attention they would've had to tell you. You'll be fine, and if you have medical concerns stop googling symptoms and go see a doc for more advice. You really don't want to check for symptoms of you have anxiety, which you seem to have if you're here ;)

And yes. Those sensations can be symptoms. Best to get it checked out if there are concerns.