PDA

View Full Version : Deja Vu-New Anxiety Symptom

ELRA
09-19-2014, 01:07 PM
Hi everyone!
I am new to this forum. In fact, I have never posted to an anxiety forum before. I am 30 years old. I have struggled with anxiety with some pure ocd tendencies, especially in relation to health anxiety. I was on medicine in the past, but I am not currently on medication. The last few months have been quite stressful for me. My dad was diagnosed with stage 4 inoperable cancer. I am an only child and have quit my job to stay at home and help take care of him. Since my dad's diagnosis, my hypochondria has hit an all time high. Recently, however, I have been experiencing frequent episodes of deja vu. I didn't think much about it, but as it continued, I did the number one thing you aren't suppose to do when you have health anxiety...GOOGLE! The primary suspects listed were temporal lobe epilepsy and anxiety, with brain tumors thrown in just for fun. 😝I have read a lot about derealization and how deja vu is sometimes a part of that. I am just curious if anyone with anxiety experiences frequent deja vu. Sometimes the episodes last longer than others, but I am fully aware of what is going on and can remember them afterwards. No fathom smells or other symptoms that would suggest seizures. I look forward to hearing from you.

Xerosnake90
09-19-2014, 01:51 PM
Anxiety symptom my friend. If any worry other than that, go see your doc. Quit with the symptom googling as you already know and take care ��

Sarahj12
05-21-2016, 02:20 AM
I get Deja vu I think with derealisation too