PDA

View Full Version : Panic moment

Stephj526
09-18-2014, 07:32 PM
My doctor recently prescribed me Progesterone for 10 days. One of the risks I read was strokes and clots. It made me nervous because I just quit smoking the day before.

So fast forward to today. It's been 4 days of pills and I have a headache. And then I get a headache that is mostly at the base of my head where my head and neck meet. Meds seem to be lessening but not clearing it.

I called my doc and they said that headaches aren't a common side effect, but certainly possible. But they weren't too concerned unless my vision changes. So of course during class it becomes hard to read and I get the brain "zaps".

Now it's there but not as bad. So my question is, has anyone ever had a headache there before? Or taken Progesterone and had this? Or anything? I'm desperate for some help here.

Enduronman
09-19-2014, 06:21 AM
What is the hormone being used to treat?
I also use hormones but they don't have any side effects like that, in fact none at all.
I think you're just stressed and creating this pain with your own mind, apprehension, tension, anxiety, but the use of progesterone usually has no effect that you can feel.
I have neck pain every friggin day, especially after sitting here for a few minutes but this is because of damaged disc, spondylosis, retrolisthesis of the spine.
Maybe try an OTC anti inflammatory and see if that helps you lessen this pain.

E-Man.

Debra Pasquella
09-19-2014, 09:11 AM
I'm the same way. I always read the warning labels and realistically, it's all "CYA" type of messages just so the company doesn't get sued for not telling you what MIGHT happen, which rarely comes true. We fear what hasn't happened yet, and we also fear what usually never happens anyway. I understand what you mean though. I had a hard time taking Advil. Yes, Advil! It said, "May trigger heart attacks." I have been afraid of heart attacks since I was 20!!! I mean, 20!!!! I'm now 40 and less scared of them. Strange. I'm also curious as to know why you are taking this hormone? Is it a hormone imbalance? Because sometimes that can trigger anxiety, but that would be last resort as far as meds…Hmm. Second opinion, maybe?