PDA

View Full Version : Sudden fogginess, detachment, intrusive thoughts

jiffnon
09-15-2014, 03:55 PM
Hey all,

I've been suffering from anxiety for over two months now. Just recently I've had a big fear of developing psychosis or schizophrenia up until an appointment with my therapist last week in which she informed me that I didn't have either of those things. After that session it suddenly felt like like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders, and all it took was the reassurance of somebody I trusted. So simple. But the odd thing is that since realising I'm probably not going insane, it seems my mind has had nothing to fear/occupy it, and I've started to worry about unpleasant, intrusive thoughts about family members instead. They crop up momentarily but I'm usually able to get rid of them. Nevertheless, if they catch me on a bad day they can be extremely upsetting. I'm not sure if this is just my free-floating anxiety or undiagnosed pure o.

Since these have started I've also begun to feel even more detached, foggy and lifeless than I did before. Instead of wanting to be with my family like I did when my panic was at its most extreme, I feel more inclined to be alone. As this symptom increases, my fears of psychosis and schizophrenia seem to be swelling yet again.

Does anybody have any advice? Has this happened to any of you?

Joe.
09-15-2014, 04:10 PM
I can relate to this!

At my worst I was agrophobic
At times I felt like "my cerebellum was missing" I know that's a weird thought, but yes I did think that.

You know the placebo effect? This has so much use in anxiety so; believe every single piece of advise which is given to you fully, and until you have no more anxiety.
Force yourself to be social, even if you don't like it, or panic, force yourself. You'll see a improvement. Think as though each bit more of life you live every second is the now; this is a technique which has nearly cured me but it's so hard to put into easy clear words.....
Meditate if you like!

hugo_v
09-15-2014, 08:34 PM
Joe is sooo right !

You absolutely need to force yourself and continue to have social encounters or risk worsening your anxiety...

Take action upon conquering your anxiety. Light aerobic exercise (great for rebalancing hormone levels), meditate (great for repairing brain cells and oxygenating your body), eat right...

Good luck !

bribee
09-16-2014, 06:11 AM
Hey all,

I've been suffering from anxiety for over two months now. Just recently I've had a big fear of developing psychosis or schizophrenia up until an appointment with my therapist last week in which she informed me that I didn't have either of those things. After that session it suddenly felt like like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders, and all it took was the reassurance of somebody I trusted. So simple. But the odd thing is that since realising I'm probably not going insane, it seems my mind has had nothing to fear/occupy it, and I've started to worry about unpleasant, intrusive thoughts about family members instead. They crop up momentarily but I'm usually able to get rid of them. Nevertheless, if they catch me on a bad day they can be extremely upsetting. I'm not sure if this is just my free-floating anxiety or undiagnosed pure o.

Since these have started I've also begun to feel even more detached, foggy and lifeless than I did before. Instead of wanting to be with my family like I did when my panic was at its most extreme, I feel more inclined to be alone. As this symptom increases, my fears of psychosis and schizophrenia seem to be swelling yet again.

Does anybody have any advice? Has this happened to any of you?

I have the EXACT same problems/ symptoms. I've had a huge fear for awhile now thinking I had schizophrenia or was going to become psychotic. Once I was over that and nor stressing about it, something new would always worry me and I started to get weird feelings of depersonalization. If it's not one thing it's the other I guess :\ I also have scary vivid intrusive thoughts and they make my anxiety go through the roof. I usually have to really occupy myself to get rid of them.