PDA

View Full Version : Serious weight loss without trying? Anyone else?

xXPanicGirlXx
09-14-2014, 01:02 PM
I have been having insane anxiety and along with the anxiety I have lost 11lbs. I wasn't big to begin with, 130 but am now down to 119lbs. but i'm anxious ALL THE TIME. To the point where I can't eat even tho i'm hungry. Luckily (or unluckily) I started celexa 5 days ago. Start up effects SUCK btw. But I've used it before and it's worked. So I'm just hoping that I can put some of the weight on. I feel blah. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced weight loss with anxiety.

Enduronman
09-14-2014, 01:06 PM
Yes.
I have lost 35 pounds since April 10th, because of anxiety and stomach distress..
A lot of stressful things going on in my life right now of course.
It will all level out.

E-Man. :)

xXPanicGirlXx
09-14-2014, 01:10 PM
Thanks for your reply! I'm hoping so because I can FEEL that I've lost weight. And knowing that the way I lost it was unhealthy it doesn't feel good. I have to force myself to get off the couch, so I know that it's not from exercising too much. I'm working on that tho. Trying to move around more. But I suffer TERRIBLE health anxiety and it seems working out/moving around makes it so much worse because that's when I "notice" things that hurt and automatically it's serious.

JustaGal
09-14-2014, 02:08 PM
Thanks for your reply! I'm hoping so because I can FEEL that I've lost weight. And knowing that the way I lost it was unhealthy it doesn't feel good. I have to force myself to get off the couch, so I know that it's not from exercising too much. I'm working on that tho. Trying to move around more. But I suffer TERRIBLE health anxiety and it seems working out/moving around makes it so much worse because that's when I "notice" things that hurt and automatically it's serious.

I have had times when I couldnt even swallow a cookie to get something in. Can I suggest a protein meal replacement drink? I do that when I don't want to eat so that cortisol is not released from blood sugar issues making my anxiety WORSE.

Xerosnake90
09-14-2014, 02:31 PM
I lost 20 pounds in two months when my anxiety hit. I thought I had stomach flu, not so sure now if it was just a huge anxiety spike. Not too bad a thing, I now hit the gym 6 days a week and have already gained back 10 pounds. Am looking pretty good if I do say, more to come!

Anyway. If you have a hard time eating do as the above suggested and at least try to drink some meal replacement shakes. That way you can do it throughout the day and get some nutrients.

Enduronman
09-14-2014, 02:42 PM
Yes, I now recall using those meal replacement shakes when I was weight lifting..
Great idea friend!
I will be getting some tomorrow..of the chocolate type!

E-Man :)

JustaGal
09-14-2014, 02:46 PM
: ) Awesome!

Yes, I now recall using those meal replacement shakes when I was weight lifting..
Great idea friend!
I will be getting some tomorrow..of the chocolate type!

em1
09-15-2014, 05:43 AM
Yes I had that bad last year I lost a stone and a half in only a few weeks
Try having protein shakes and bananas that's all I was eating when I was really bad
Your appetite will come back it's just a pain when you want to eat but your anxiety is that bad that you can't
Take care

Enduronman
09-15-2014, 07:29 AM
Getting some of those protein shakes today!
And they're packed with vitamins too...which couldn't hurt me.
Have a great day all!