PDA

View Full Version : Trying to figure out my doc's motives.....

Donovan26
09-14-2014, 10:20 AM
Hi, I was put on remeron last month as an anxiety supplement to wellbutrin xl 150 mg, and I took 15 mg at night for a week and it knocked me out cold until about 9 or so the next day, so I stopped it after like a week and a half and went back to my doc a week later saying it was really just the same thing as trazodone (with food cravings) and it did nothing for my anxiety, so he suggested I cut the pill in half and work my way up, well after a little over two weeks and getting up to 15 Mg the past few nights, not only has it not helped my anxiety, but actually feeling worse, any advice on what to do? Or what would be a better supplement? I just don't understand why my doc would prescribe me something for two weeks and then when I come in to say it isn't working, he says to cut it in half and work my way up and then come back in a month, I'm also taking .5 mg of klonopin in the wee hours of the am
Because anxiety is the worst when I wake up, any help? Thanks!

Enduronman
09-14-2014, 10:37 AM
Remeron takes time to work friend but it has greatly helped my nephews wife over time.
She didn't used to do anything, come to family gatherings, leave the house, and now she won't shut up when she is around so it has changed her life for the better in that regard.
Just be patient friend...

E-Man

hugo_v
09-15-2014, 12:49 PM
Give it time (as Enduroman mentioned). But maybe Remeron is not the drug of choice for you. Go over your options with your doctor if things don't settle.

Jonathan Ashton
09-15-2014, 04:23 PM
the doctors always tell you to give it time because it takes a while for it take effect. I did this on around 4 different types of meds, all of which didn't help so I just weaned off them.