PDA

View Full Version : Stress and Dilated Pupil?

MJBoyle88
09-13-2014, 08:39 AM
I've been hardcore stressing the last month or so. Had anxiety my whole life. I'm 26, had an EKG / Holter monitor done a year and half ago. Good shape, and no family history of stroke or heart attack.

But I'm obsessed with strokes.

I've been doing much much better with my anxiety until last night. I looked in the mirror and noticed my right pupil was bigger than the other one. It went away, and then this morning I looked again and it happened. In bright light they both are the same. It is just low level light that there seems to be a difference at times.

I'm freaking out :(

Xerosnake90
09-13-2014, 11:07 AM
Focus on your calming activities. Meditation, hit the gym, go get some tests done at the doctor. You're looking for answers thatre reinforced by fear. Go see the eye doc and have them make an image of your eye. It'll be there right away for you to look at. They'll test your eyes for reflexes.

Most importantly, stop asking why and move forward. Fear is controlling you at this point. Take a moment to breathe and relax. You won't drop dead, if you're worrying about it chances are it's not wrong in the first place. Your fear is having you search for answers. Go outside for a walk, enjoy some sun. Enjoy the little things. Take care!

Im-Suffering
09-13-2014, 11:38 AM
Focus on your calming activities. Meditation, hit the gym, go get some tests done at the doctor. You're looking for answers thatre reinforced by fear. Go see the eye doc and have them make an image of your eye. It'll be there right away for you to look at. They'll test your eyes for reflexes.

Most importantly, stop asking why and move forward. Fear is controlling you at this point. Take a moment to breathe and relax. You won't drop dead, if you're worrying about it chances are it's not wrong in the first place. Your fear is having you search for answers. Go outside for a walk, enjoy some sun. Enjoy the little things. Take care!

I believe what Xero is telling you is, you have a problem, learn to solve it constructively if you are not able to let it pass. A problem MJboyle88 that you feel unable to resolve (yet attracted to), the indecision turns to doubt, from doubt to worry, from worry to fear, and from fear there is no telling the reaction because you are no longer governed by reason.

Of course Xero suggested a resolution which if followed would bring immediate relief on some level.

Once again, the inability to solve mental or psychological problems effectively and swiftly always throws the psyche out of wack, putting it on an Easter egg hunt which often results in a cracked shell.

I want to show you an example:

I've noticed what I perceive may be a difference in my pupils, I can:

A) ignore and let it go or see where it is in a weeks time.
B) schedule a appt with the eye doctor, if it is night time, I can make a decision to schedule it tomorrow morning. As a side note, a real decision is firm, period. In your life you have decided many things and followed through. So this would be a real decision not a lie to self to pacify, for you'll be up all night worrying.

Better to be frightened by the doctors visit than stay frightened by your own self suggestions. Before you know it your lopsided pupil will lead to some catastrophic terminal illness on the internet, and by then you surely are gone from your faculties. Learning to solve problems correctly is one of the foundations toward health for anxiety sufferers.

You will have swiftly and decisively made a decision, and you have taken steps to act on that decision which shows psychologically to the self that you mean business.

MJBoyle88
09-13-2014, 12:54 PM
I believe what Xero is telling you is, you have a problem, learn to solve it constructively if you are not able to let it pass. A problem MJboyle88 that you feel unable to resolve (yet attracted to), the indecision turns to doubt, from doubt to worry, from worry to fear, and from fear there is no telling the reaction because you are no longer governed by reason.

Of course Xero suggested a resolution which if followed would bring immediate relief on some level.

Once again, the inability to solve mental or psychological problems effectively and swiftly always throws the psyche out of wack, putting it on an Easter egg hunt which often results in a cracked shell.

I want to show you an example:

I've noticed what I perceive may be a difference in my pupils, I can:

A) ignore and let it go or see where it is in a weeks time.
B) schedule a appt with the eye doctor, if it is night time, I can make a decision to schedule it tomorrow morning. As a side note, a real decision is firm, period. In your life you have decided many things and followed through. So this would be a real decision not a lie to self to pacify, for you'll be up all night worrying.

Better to be frightened by the doctors visit than stay frightened by your own self suggestions. Before you know it your lopsided pupil will lead to some catastrophic terminal illness on the internet, and by then you surely are gone from your faculties. Learning to solve problems correctly is one of the foundations toward health for anxiety sufferers.

You will have swiftly and decisively made a decision, and you have taken steps to act on that decision which shows psychologically to the self that you mean business.

No, I understand what both of you have said. The problem is, is that I have NO access to a medical professional until the end of the month. I was generally seeing if anyone else has had this, or if it can be affect by stress. Thats all. I still appreciate the input. Thank you.

Xerosnake90
09-13-2014, 01:18 PM
I do tend to focus on immediate relief ideas. Many times we are too clouded to approach it in a deeper level. Something you focus on very well, suffering.

Pupils dilate independently in regards of how much light they're taking in. If one is exposed to more than the other then you will have more dilation. How dilated are we talking here? And are you experiencing any symptoms associated with your eyes? Understand anxiety symptoms. I myself have had my eyes checked. My doctor mentioned they were "perfect eyes". Had the back of the eye imaged and everything to fully see the optic nerve. I've had bouts of eye fog, lid twitching, and what I call vision twitches. My eyes will shoot from one focal point to another, or go black for a moment as it twitches to another focal point.

Either way. If to don't have a doctor available until then quit driving yourself up the wall. What're you doing other than letting yourself be miserable? Go enjoy yourself, have some fun :)

MJBoyle88
09-13-2014, 01:28 PM
I do tend to focus on immediate relief ideas. Many times we are too clouded to approach it in a deeper level. Something you focus on very well, suffering.

Pupils dilate independently in regards of how much light they're taking in. If one is exposed to more than the other then you will have more dilation. How dilated are we talking here? And are you experiencing any symptoms associated with your eyes? Understand anxiety symptoms. I myself have had my eyes checked. My doctor mentioned they were "perfect eyes". Had the back of the eye imaged and everything to fully see the optic nerve. I've had bouts of eye fog, lid twitching, and what I call vision twitches. My eyes will shoot from one focal point to another, or go black for a moment as it twitches to another focal point.

Either way. If to don't have a doctor available until then quit driving yourself up the wall. What're you doing other than letting yourself be miserable? Go enjoy yourself, have some fun :)

Nothing too much, just when they dilate under low light, my right is about 20-30% larger.

As for staying active, trust me I am trying!

Im-Suffering
09-13-2014, 01:52 PM
Nothing too much, just when they dilate under low light, my right is about 20-30% larger.

As for staying active, trust me I am trying!

At 26 your a healthy young person. Not having a stroke.

Get yourself into an emergency room at a hospital and have them check you out. Do not sit in fright for a month if a general doc won't see you.

One day soon you will practice handling the little things yourself, treating this as say a common cold where it will go on its own, in its own time. Someday you will look at yourself differently, and trust in your own recouperative powers, and healing. Until then, it's better to get the soothing comforting reassurance from a doctor, rather than sit in the fright which will certainly wear you down. I'm sure you have emergency care available, get in there and you'll be home in a few hours feeling much better.

Somewhere, someone, invalidated your concerns, and made you feel inconsequential, and invalidated on a basic level. So now you feel it hard to care for you, how could you?