PDA

View Full Version : Nervous about tomorrow

Anra
09-11-2014, 06:38 AM
Friday morning I have a DRs appointment to discuss possible scar removal options... I am completely terrified that after pouring my heart out and showing my shame to this DR that I am going to be rejected and told that it is only a cosmetic procedure and they will not fund it or offer me anything!

I need them to be gone. I do not want my daughter to ever see that I was hurting. I want her to be able to look up to me and rely on me to be her strength in her tough times.

I can't have these reminders anymore and most of all I want to feel comfortable wearing certain clothes without feeling any shame or embarrassment.

There is this overwhelming feeling of total dread sitting in my stomach :(

TravisS
09-11-2014, 11:05 AM
Try not to worry about it. Scars do not show weakness, scars show toughness and grit. It shows that you lived through something and healed with a reminder that you can get through tough times. Your daughter will not judge you for your scars. If you can get them removed. go for it, if not you need to accept them and move on with the strong person you've become and not be afraid to wear them.

Xerosnake90
09-11-2014, 01:51 PM
Avoiding your "scars" both mentally and physically. You live to learn and grow from your mistakes. When you focus on regrets you develop fears, anxieties and the such. Let go of what happened and let go of attempting to cover it up. You're not learning or growing from a mistake by making the idea of it disappear. Accept it and move on.

Anra
09-12-2014, 05:00 AM
DR simply shook his head and said it would be cosmetic. He prescribed me some creams but he has little hope that they will do anything because of how old they are.

He tells me to look into private treatment. I cannot afford this.

/Big sigh.