PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone help me please??

Yasmina
09-07-2014, 07:37 PM
Hello everyone, I'm new here and seeking for help...I'm dealing daily with severe anxiety and panic attacks for almost 5 months, and all I want is to be normal and strong as I used to be, and to be just fine, to live my life without anxiety and without fears..... I helped myself so far to get rid of most symptoms by doing meditation, thinking in a positive way, by seeing things from different angle, but still I feel I'm stuck, and facing some fears,,, I use to have the following symptoms:
Observing my breath and getting more anxious by doing so, feel as if I can't breath normally, afraid of a sudden death due to lack of oxygen, Feel like I have to force myself to breath, even find it hard to breath, fear of dying alone, of being alone, fear of the dark, insomnia, fears about irrational things, circumstances (like being trapped in an elevator which in my mind would be a place with less oxygen) or situations (such as getting hit by a car, or even facing a panic attack in the car while having a long trip) being very overwhelmed, hyper sensitive, tendency to cry almost all the time, also facing difficulty in swallowing, feeling like I can’t swallow properly or that something will get caught in my throat, having dry mouth, feeling like the tongue is swollen, chest pain, stomach pain etc etc
I go out but when it comes to a long trip I feel anxious, thinking of "what if" I'm in the car and out of blue there is an accident, sure I would panic, even if in reality it's a small accident with no injuries, but my anxious mood will show up, and hate to be under such a situation......
P.S. I use to be someone with no fears, very strong, brave, courageous, adventurous, always carrying a positive attitude wherever I go, positive thinking no matter what, helping others to overcome problems, solving their problems if it's possible,, but right now I'm not like that anymore, and I miss my old Me..............
I quit my job because of that, I was supposed to travel and start a new life and live by my own for about 5 months ago, but in the present I can't do such thing because I have worries of worst case scenarios (what if I'm alone and suddenly I'm under a panic attack, who will help me if I'm alone in the house etc etc) even the idea of facing a panic attack during the fly makes me anxious (PS I love to travel and had no worries of traveling no phobias from air-crash or stuff like that it's just recently I'm afraid of having a panic attack during a fly and behaving in a bad way which will disturb the passengers)
I'm wondering if someone, anyone had suffered like me and how he/she overcomes anxiety ??!!!
I want to know how to overcome fears and anxiety in order to get my life back.........
It's not healthy to stay anxious all the time, I know that, because we lose our own life, and all the happiness we should live in, at least the inner happiness and inner peace, and I know that my mind is the master and I should order my subconscious mind to follow the positive thinking attitude, but how come when you order your subconscious mind to think in a positive way - sometimes- he hits me with bad thoughts and ideas ??
Now I'm having only 2 kind of fears: fear of being alone - die alone and intense fear of terrorists cutting my throat off (since actually I live in Lebanon and the terrorist are near the borders)
I would love to mention that I don't fear of death itself but I fear of the method of death, like lack of oxygen, I can't handle the idea or the possibility of being killed by cutting my throat...............
sorry for the long message
Thank You

Anne1221
09-07-2014, 07:55 PM
Yasmina, is there anyone there who can help you like a counselor or therapist or doctor? That is a pretty long list of fears and your anxiety seems to be bothering you a lot. I hope you can find some help with this.

Enduronman
09-08-2014, 08:45 AM
What actually happened to the old you?
Do they have trained physicians near Lebanon to help people deal with PTSD and anxiety?
If so, get there to see one friend.,

Has anyone ever suffered like you here?
Yes, thousands of us have..and yes you learn to manage it.

Enduronman :)

Dahila
09-08-2014, 10:17 AM
Hi Yasmine, Welcome to the forum. It is difficult situation you are in. I have a few friends from you country and for people who live here it is difficult to imagine how life looks there. Sometimes is tough to believe it.
What I read you are on right track, meditation is a life saving practice. It was for me for years.
Breath; try to take smaller ones and more often, it is common for everyone who observes his\her breath. instead of following it, focus on gentle ballooning of you tummy:)
Every breath you take is fresh oxygen, in fresh, out ; let it go. and again. Focus on one place if not tummy then nostrils. Shortly it will get in the rhythm. You focus or not your body does it anyway. It is about being with it right now.
When I have difficulties with it I just use guided meditation. Few session of it and you stop using it and do it yourself. will link to my thread, maybe you can benefit from some of them.
click me (http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showthread.php?27912-Guided-Meditation&highlight=guided+meditation)

Everyone would be anxious very anxious in your situation. You like many other people have no choice but somehow to live there. I am happy you found the path to surviving