PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed

Wings of the wicked
09-07-2014, 10:08 AM
So I have been following the Ebola epidemic in West Africa and the surrounding areas and I have read that the fight to contain it is getting worse, it's so bad that the CDC does not know when it will be under control, I have now become petrified that it will start spreading over here in the United States, I have heard that some college students from those affected areas will be attending the universities here in the states, also I am so scared for my husband. and on Sunday he is flying out to Seattle for a C ++ convention for work and I am so worried he might be in a plane, in the airport or around someone in the hotel who could have some how contacted the virus( I know I sound crazy because he is not flying internationally) he will be gone a week and I am so worried for his safety health wise and my typical worry of accidents with planes( I hate flying) Also my daughter is in Kindergarten now and there is a student in her class that has not been in school yet because he is visiting India and will be back next week, I have no idea how long he and his family have been visiting there, but I have read that there have been some expected ebola cases in many parts of India mainly the popular areas and I am so scared that this student will have contracted the virus and bring it to her class, I know I probably sound horrible but I am so worried about this whole thing that I am getting nightmares on and off and I have this non stop impending gut doom feeling. ugh!

Enduronman
09-08-2014, 09:30 AM
Why are you so fixated on following the news related to the ebola virus?
I don't watch the news, read the papers, or focus on anything I have no control over for good reasons.
I would suggest to seek some medical advice regarding your irrational fears, a doctor, a therapists, some medications, steps in the right direction to help stop this fear of fears.
Just some thoughts..

Enduronman

Anne1221
09-08-2014, 10:22 AM
E-man gives such good advice! I agree with him.

Wings of the wicked
09-08-2014, 04:49 PM
I understand what you are saying, but when it comes to my child I want to make sure she is not in danger