PDA

View Full Version : Passion Flower questions...

MJBoyle88
09-03-2014, 09:39 AM
So, I've begun to work with my anxiety a bit more, since it has gotten so much worse the past month than it has my entire life. I still get the weird spasms, pains, lock jaw, neck muscle tightness, ear ringing, and general panic when I let it get too crazy. I'm dealing with those things the best I can however. (I hope they are anxiety symptoms in the first place).

Anyway, I was thinking about trying passion flower as a safe way to help alleviate some of these symptoms and calm my mind. Unfortunately because of the symptoms from anxiety, I have been taking one pill of aspirin every other day or so forth to help cope with it. I've read that passion flower is bad to mix with aspirin. So my question is, if I have been taking aspirin on and off in semi-low doses the past 2 or 3 weeks, how long is it till it is out of my system and probably safe to use passionflower?

Also...I read that passion flower can have severe side effects like messing up your heart rhythm or irregular muscle contractions. (WTF!?) I didn't see those side effects anywhere else though. Weird.

SO I guess I have a few questions to ask. Sorry for that. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you..

Enduronman
09-03-2014, 10:02 AM
Hi MJ.

What is the purpose in the aspirin, if I may ask?
There is a product called Natra Sleep that has passion flower, lemon balm, valerian, and a couple of other naturals in it that is supposedly calming and to help one sleep too.
I have tried it although I can't recall if it actually worked or not as that was long ago.
I highly doubt that there would be any ill or adverse effects in taking an aspirin every other day or so but I'm not a doctor either.
Maybe just call a Pharmacist for a better answer as they are highly knowledgeable and will answer your question.
Passion flower is generally harmless unless used in excess I'm sure.
Good Luck friend!

Enduronman :)

MJBoyle88
09-03-2014, 10:23 AM
Well, I took it at first for tension pains, then I began to take it everytine my anxiety got bad because I had the reasoning that it thins my blood and would decrease the risk of heart attack and stroke. Both of which are clearly my triggers for my worry and anxiety.

Kuma
09-03-2014, 10:34 AM
I would urge you to discuss these issues with a doctor (or if you cannot afford to consult a doctor, then with a pharmacist), including whether to continue to take aspirin.

MJBoyle88
09-03-2014, 11:18 AM
To be honest my symptoms started a few months ago when I started stressing over work and money and the future. Since then it has become health oriented and my main worry has been strokes, blood clots, and heart attacks. That is all I think about. Since then whenever I get one of the symptoms I listed above, I panicked and took an aspirin to avoid the possible stroke or heart attack. Clearly that is not good. And since I have no access to a doctor until I start my new job in a month I really need go focus on getting better with my anxiety. Passion flower was an option. I haven't taken aspirin in a few days and rthst is why I posted this thread. I hope that clears things up. :(

Enduronman
09-03-2014, 11:39 AM
If you're leaning more towards natural remedies then of course passion flower, chamomile, lemon balm, valerian, L-theanine, GABA, or even kava kava may be of assistance to you.
I hope that you can get in to see a doctor to discuss these fears soon too as being a hypochondriac and having health fears has got to be very tough and hard on you.
I haven't been able to work since May of 2012, earned any money, am unsure of my future, have multiple diseases and disorders, lost my businesses, lost my home, lost my daughters, can hardly walk or sit in this chair, have been denied Social Security because this disease is so rare with no known test to prove it even with a 2" thick stack of reports, exams, tests, papers, MRI's, EMG, EEG, blood test galore,... but I try not to let it get the best of me either because at some point something good will happen. I have hope...
That is just the issues on the surface as there are many more very troubling things going on now because of all this too.
Just have to work on how you think and view things, and that will take some medicinal assistance and some therapy too friend.
You will be back to your old self in time!
Forget the past, live for today, and have hope for the future..that's how I do it. Hope is all I have left now. Everything else is gone. Besides this friggin pain!!!

Enduronman :)

jittery me
09-03-2014, 12:33 PM
Hi, I am new."Jittery me" I find the forums a bit hard to get around. How does one start a new thread?

Kuma
09-03-2014, 02:24 PM
Hi jittery. You managed to start a new thread on the Welcome forum, so that is how you do it. Basically, you log on and click on a particular forum (such as Welcome, or General), and then you will see a "Start New Thread" button. If you click on that, you can start a new thread. If you have more questions, ask.

nf1234
09-06-2014, 02:00 AM
I've never heard of those Passionflower interactions but always a good idea to look into it. I'd check with a Pharmacist for a quick answer. Buy a Passionflower Extract. That way its in a liquid dropper and you can start slow and work your way up. Theres a great deal of info out there on Passionflower and it does sound promising. Let me know how it goes if you try it!

Dahila
09-06-2014, 09:54 AM
It is worth to try some herbal remedies at least it will give some relieve. Beside my meds I take lemon balm extract (of course I made it myself) and it calms me down a bit. I had hear a lot about passion flower but as Eman said it should be combined with lemon balm aka Melissa and camomile and valerian, there is a few more. I could actually check it. I usually make the mix of herbs myself so could you.
aspirin is kind of controversial. My man is on small dose every day beside blood thinners, due his repeated DVT, and doctors are not sure if aspirin is such good idea anymore. It is kind of difficult for stomach. U probably take 80 mg and it is not enough for pains.

The best would be conversation with your doctor. The know more than we do. We can only share our experience. Not many doctors here :)) Tell him about every supplement you take.