PDA

View Full Version : Can anxiety cause congestion?

prouddad
09-02-2014, 09:58 PM
I have read most of the symptoms list and didnt notice congestion. In the evening when im tired and anxiety tends to sink in congestion also seems to get worse. Could be explained other ways, but tends to be worse or at least more noticed when anxiety is elevated.

Xerosnake90
09-02-2014, 10:39 PM
Flu like symptoms are possible. Runny nose, stuffy and feeling dry. The likes :)

darkavenger
09-03-2014, 05:58 AM
Salutations prouddad,

If I may ask, what type of congestion do You have in mind? Flu-like congestion, constipation, or overload of Your organism/feeling like being overloaded?

Regards

Bryan

prouddad
09-03-2014, 06:18 AM
Salutations prouddad,

If I may ask, what type of congestion do You have in mind? Flu-like congestion, constipation, or overload of Your organism/feeling like being overloaded?

Regards

Bryan

Nasal congestion, allergy like. This quickly becomes severe head pressure. Almost like blood isnt flowing back out of my head and face. But it starts with not being able to breathe from my nose. One of the few things I have found that makes a difference is using affrin. Pseudoephedrine (Clariten D) also works, but it will keep me from sleeping and also speeds me out. I have always attributed it to allergies, except now its almost every night.

darkavenger
09-03-2014, 06:29 AM
Allergies is the first thing that came to my mind. For a little diagnosis. Is sputum transparent, white, yellowish, greenish, brownish, or darkish/reddish? Have You ruled out all the allergies by blood screening/other tests?

Regards

Bryan

prouddad
09-03-2014, 07:14 AM
Allergies is the first thing that came to my mind. For a little diagnosis. Is sputum transparent, white, yellowish, greenish, brownish, or darkish/reddish? Have You ruled out all the allergies by blood screening/other tests?

Regards

Bryan
No sputum can be expelled. I have known allergies, this is more of the nasal airways closing. Congestion may have been the wrong term to use from the beginning.

Enduronman
09-03-2014, 09:18 AM
I use nasal spray daily as I also have congestion but it's just another aspect of seasonal allergies.
It generally becomes more clogged up in the evenings near bedtime.
It has (oxymetazoline HCI) in it but doesn't seem to cause any other issues.
It just opens up the nasal passages. So I can actually sleep!

Enduronman :)