PDA

View Full Version : 'New' here but not new to anxiety

neochiq
09-02-2014, 09:57 PM
Hey all. I'm hoping you can help me...but I'll first introduce myself. Hi I'm Jennie and I'm friggen nuts. Ok not really...but sometimes I feel like it. I'm a 32 year old female and I pretty much have health anxiety but intensely stressful situations exacerbate the health anxiety. In my head I've had everything from colon cancer, brain cancer, breast cancer, endometrial cancer, stomach cancer, esophogeal cancer, liver failure, rectal cancer, lymphoma, leukemia, need I go on?

The thing about my anxiety (and every other 'googler') is that my symptoms are REAL. My feelings are REAL. People who say 'well just don't worry' truly don't 'get it. Sometimes I'll ask my husband 'but do you THINK I have cancer' and his answer is 'well, anyone at any given time can have cancer, so the possibility is there, but no, in general I don't think you do'. :rolleyes: He's trying...but still. lol

My newest thing right now...and I will try to let you inside my head a bit (but I'm sure a lot of you understand)

My newest thing is that I have multiple sclerosis. Since last August I have been having bouts of slight numbness in my outer calf muscles, extending in to my toes...tingling fingers, muscle spasms (in my thighs, calves, and trunk (stomach)), fatigue, alternating diarrhea and constipation, shaking, etc. They did blood work and it came back that my b12 was borderline low. So she told me to take a supplement which I didn't do because I'm still breastfeeding my 2.5 year old son.

Here is the tricky part. For this past year I've been attributing these bouts of symptoms to be related to my anxiety...as they always happened during other symptoms or stressful situations. Well lately, I've been reading up on MS and it seems as though they symptoms of THAT have 'flare ups' as well...so now in my head, instead of anxiety related issues....I've convinced myself that these symptoms have always been that I have MS. Does that make sense?

The symptoms come and go...so I'm terrified.

In case you're wondering, yes...we are going through a terrifying time currently. Tomorrow we have a court date for our bankruptcy (Sucks :( ) and we are also starting to have to pay back our school loans...etc. So very stressful time.

And to top it off with a cherry...my most beloved (seriously I loved her) doctor QUIT her practice and is no longer practicing...so I've been putting off finding a new doctor...so that might not be an option in the next few weeks.

I know you all cannot diagnose me...but I feel like I have all the symptoms...(see, my calf muscle just jerked/spasemed)...and I'm at the prime age (between 20-40 I believe) and I'm 32... I don't have many risk factors but I could have 0 risk factors and be 100% sure in my head.

What do you all think? Anxiety? Can those symptoms be related to anxiety?

Thanks...I'm looking forward to the support I find here.

prouddad
09-02-2014, 10:03 PM
I have had similar feelings or symptoms. Read the symptom list at the top of the thread. You may be surprised at the real symptoms that anxiety can manifest in your body. Also, stay off web md. My last sinus infection was surely brain fluid leakage.

neochiq
09-02-2014, 10:05 PM
My constant clogged ear is a brain tumor they've missed on 2 MRI's....I'm just 'sure' of it (SIGH)

neochiq
09-02-2014, 10:09 PM
wow...that symptom list....holy cow...I experience a LOT of them... The thing is... I tell myself it is anxiety but then I still fear that I'm missing something else it 'could' be...and I'm not catching the cancer that is lurking inside my body....or the debilitating disease that is gearing up to rear its ugly head.

I also feel guilty for thinking I have all these things...when other people actually do!

Enduronman
09-03-2014, 09:10 AM
My newest thing is that I have multiple sclerosis. Since last August I have been having bouts of slight numbness in my outer calf muscles, extending in to my toes...tingling fingers, muscle spasms (in my thighs, calves, and trunk (stomach)), fatigue, alternating diarrhea and constipation, shaking, etc.

Tomorrow we have a court date for our bankruptcy.

Hi Neochic!

I've had those same general feelings every day for the past 27 months!
I don't know that I've ever been checked for MS but also had 15 seizures during this time too.
The "official" diagnosis is a disease called Relapsing Polychondritis, of which my sister has also.
I now have about 16 or 17 different medications although I don't take them all for fear that I may grow a third limb, eye, or turn green and grow a tail.
I also did the bankruptcy thing back in 2007 because of a divorce, it was a very stressful time for me too.
I also plan to do it again on August 28th of 2015 but it will be a lot easier to deal with as I know the process quite well.
On top of all that, I too had to find a new doctor as the one that had delivered all 3 of my kids had no idea what to do with me or how to treat me either.
He was our family doctor of 20 years but I'm glad that I finally found one that is more knowledgeable and helpful. She takes good care of me and has me going everywhere for testing.
I would suggest finding a new doc and explaining all of your symptoms so they can run some test on you, just to be sure of what it is or isn't.
I have a GP, a Neurologist, a Rheumatologist, saw a Neurosurgeon, an Oncologists, and was in physical therapy but not for long enough as my back is still killing me daily.
It may just all boil down to anxiety for you as I hope that it does but you've got to make the effort to find that out.
Wishing you all the best friend!

Enduronman. :)