PDA

View Full Version : Starting school again after holiday, anxiety.

Joe.
09-02-2014, 05:04 PM
I am intellectual and academic but school is a environment that In the past has caused me huge panic attacks and anxiety. So many memories in my school I have of being so terrified and under some intense symptoms just the thought of school is stressful. I generally avoid places which I have had more than one anxiety/panic attack in, but I can't avoid school. The last month of school before my holiday I just had a few attacks, and was generally not panicky, but I fear I could slip into my ways 6 months ago.....

I need to get this belief out of my head
I need to not fear school
It won't be hell.

Any advise?

Joe.
09-03-2014, 12:40 AM
Any replies?

needtogetwell
09-03-2014, 07:26 AM
Joe,

You've got it right. Go into it believing that everything is going to be good and you are half way there. What happened in previous years is just that, the past. It's over and done with. This is a new start, no issues and if you see it that way you will help yourself immensely.

Good luck.

Im-Suffering
09-03-2014, 09:05 AM
Any replies?

Just a short remark Joe,

In almost all cases of present limitation, there is one main theme in that particular area: The individual has schooled himself or herself to stress "negative" aspects, for whatever reasons.

"What is wrong?" The question itself becomes a format through which experience is seen, and itself represents one of the main reasons for all limitations, physical, psychic or spiritual.

At one point or another the individual ceased concentrating upon what was right in certain personal areas, and began to focus upon and magnify specific "lacks", or problems.

You must in your reality make some symbolic move that shows you are willing to accept changes that you wish to make. In regards to school, picture for a few minutes daily a confident student, drawing memories from the past that corroborate those beliefs, and perform some small gesture to neurologically show you accept the change.

You cannot go at it with conflicting beliefs, so here you are acting on a new set of beliefs you wish to make reality, whether it be school, or whatever issue.

Joe.
09-03-2014, 09:14 AM
Thanks. That is true to me.
Joe,

You've got it right. Go into it believing that everything is going to be good and you are half way there. What happened in previous years is just that, the past. It's over and done with. This is a new start, no issues and if you see it that way you will help yourself immensely.

Good luck.

Joe.
09-03-2014, 09:16 AM
Thank you I'm suffering!
As always a very well thought out response which however complex is very clear. I am sure this will help

Just a short remark Joe,

In almost all cases of present limitation, there is one main theme in that particular area: The individual has schooled himself or herself to stress "negative" aspects, for whatever reasons.

"What is wrong?" The question itself becomes a format through which experience is seen, and itself represents one of the main reasons for all limitations, physical, psychic or spiritual.

At one point or another the individual ceased concentrating upon what was right in certain personal areas, and began to focus upon and magnify specific "lacks", or problems.

You must in your reality make some symbolic move that shows you are willing to accept changes that you wish to make. In regards to school, picture for a few minutes daily a confident student, drawing memories from the past that corroborate those beliefs, and perform some small gesture to neurologically show you accept the change.

You cannot go at it with conflicting beliefs, so here you are acting on a new set of beliefs you wish to make reality, whether it be school, or whatever issue.

Joe.
09-03-2014, 09:32 AM
Do you write all this? I know weird question
Just a short remark Joe,

kio
09-03-2014, 10:44 AM
Hi Joe, I've just started a similar thread.
I had a really bad experience at my previous school, which made me very anxious person, and all I remember is being scared and full of fear the whole time. Today I had to start a new school, which of course made me very anxious! I swear I have a fear of schools too (thought I was the only one) everything about them scares me. You've definitely got the right attitude, though. My mum always says that positive attitude will make things so much better. I just think of it as a fresh start. You just have to try and forget your past experiences (even though, I know its very very hard) and look at it as a new start. I hope you feel better about school soon and feel comfortable there. :) I know exactly how you feel

Joe.
09-03-2014, 05:25 PM
So glad somebody can relate!
I suppose I am school phobic too, until I change of course.
Hope you have a good time!

By the way, how do your friends respond to this? A few of my friends actually have anxiety, but the one's who don't just really, really don't understand it at all; " just stop worrying".
Hi Joe, I've just started a similar thread.
I had a really bad experience at my previous school, which made me very anxious person, and all I remember is being scared and full of fear the whole time. Today I had to start a new school, which of course made me very anxious! I swear I have a fear of schools too (thought I was the only one) everything about them scares me. You've definitely got the right attitude, though. My mum always says that positive attitude will make things so much better. I just think of it as a fresh start. You just have to try and forget your past experiences (even though, I know its very very hard) and look at it as a new start. I hope you feel better about school soon and feel comfortable there. :) I know exactly how you feel