PDA

View Full Version : Got a problem. Maybe you guys can help.

Confused
06-17-2008, 06:49 PM
Sorry if this topic has been writen about allready but i have a question you maybe able to answer, since im at camp at work and there is no doctor around.
Im 26, 6'1 190 pounds im pretty good shape. I have a faint tingling sensation around my heart area or maybe in my heart, kinda of like a mild butterflies in my stomach but in my heart. Sometimes it will keep me up at night since i will dwell on the feeling. And when it is really bad at night, right before im about to fall asleep or, waking up out of a sleep, i will experience a throbbing, pulsating sensation throughout my body( no pain)... is this anxiety, that what my parents tell me. Can anyone help me out please?

Dixxie
06-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Hi there Confused, what a shame this is happening at camp.....isn't there a nurse on grounds?

When you mentioned the tingling in around the heart, I almost thought of something I get occasionally.....and the doc thought it was Mitral Valve Prolapse. That's where the valve stays open too long and the blood rushes thru. It causes fluttering....

Confused
06-17-2008, 07:00 PM
is that really serious?
dosnt really feel like the beat of my heart is changing..

Dixxie
06-17-2008, 08:03 PM
Believe it or not, it is not life threatening at all. If the valve stays open too long, one may faint but that's all. I don't know if that is what is wrong, please check with a doctor the first chance you get into town. :)

I have had this since I was 13 and my doc said if it happens anywhere, just breathe into a paper bag , and inhale some of the CO2 to slow down the process of fluttering.

Confused
06-18-2008, 06:21 PM
went to the doctor today, said i was having strange symptoms said i had hiigh blood pressure and got me to do blood work.. and hook me up to a heart monitoring tool

Dixxie
06-18-2008, 08:23 PM
Glad you went to see a doctor Confused. Now high blood pressure is SERIOUS. Take care and let us know the outcome. :)