PDA

View Full Version : So what if you don't have panic attacks, but still have severe anxiety?

Jshort89
08-31-2014, 05:11 PM
I am lucky enough to say it's been a long time since I've had a full blown panic attack, I still get to the edge of them from time to time, but never full blown panic attack. However, I still live with constant anxiety. I have depersonalization: I feel like I'm in a dream, like my family and friends aren't real, I'm not real, etc. This is the symtpom I struggle with the most. Because of this I have a constant fear of going crazy, being locked up. I also have aggressive obsessions, which is where your brain pictures horrible things happening, and you can't stop it (this is more of a symptom of OCD). It seems like as soon as I get over one symptom another arises. Does anyone else feel this? and how do you cope?

AugustRain
08-31-2014, 05:26 PM
Hi I've experienced these symptoms too. I used to picture awful events like getting run over or dying of cancer, or a family member dying. I've also had the feeling of being detached from reality and you're right, it does seem that when you get rid of one symptom, another appears in its place.

Xerosnake90
08-31-2014, 05:43 PM
Panic attacks are a symptom, much like everything you described. You cope by moving forward and ridding yourself of your destructive thought patterns. Only then will your symptoms fade. Derealization is due to the constant worry your mind endures. It never gets a chance to relax. Learn to calm your thoughts or have positive ideas instead.

Jshort89
09-02-2014, 06:20 AM
thank you both =)