PDA

View Full Version : Online Counseling/Therapy?

hippysilverware
08-29-2014, 07:48 AM
Has anyone ever actually tried it? On and off the past couple of months I've been thinking about seeing a counselor, but I don't have a car and there are relatively few in the area (counselors I mean). On top of that, I'm not one to talk so very openly about myself in front of another person. Even when I become comfortable, there's never a point where I don't analyze every single word before I say it when it comes to talking about myself; and so I figured being able to /type/ instead of talk would be a better idea.

I've tried to look at some of the places online but it just seems... I guess it just makes me feel skeptical. So I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with it? Or might know of some alternatives...

Joe.
08-29-2014, 07:54 AM
I've had no experience with it itself, but I consider this forum a form of therapy.
When I first signed up I had panic attacks 2 to 3 times a day now my last one was in July, some great advise on this forum.

hippysilverware
08-30-2014, 12:59 AM
That's true, but I was looking for something a little more personal without being so... personal. If that makes any sense.

So far as my anxiety goes it's pretty general and stems no farther than what I have to do among society... and although I'll never not by shy I've been slowly getting a handle on things. I just think I might benefit in other aspects of my life from someone to bounce things off of when I can't align my thoughts.

Anne1221
08-30-2014, 07:22 AM
Therapy is great and has been very helpful for me. I suggest whatever the format, it's a good thing. Sometimes I solve my own problems and it's by telling someone else and getting insight from our discussion.