PDA

View Full Version : too much anxiety to find a job

soleo
06-17-2008, 01:55 AM
I worked at the same job for over 3 years and quit back in November. I had extreme job-related stress for the last couple of years I worked there. I quit because I had too much anxiety and was having panic attacks very often. At the time I was on Effexor (150mg/day) and Xanax (.5mg as needed-usually once or twice daily) and experienced a noticeable positive change because of the meds, but I knew I just had to get out of that environment.
I immediately found another job but my general manager ended up being completely nuts and I just couldn't deal with her mood swings and incompetence. I ended up staying with that job only two months before I walked out.
Now, I just have this horrible feeling that I'm going to get into another job situation like the previous two, and I just can't deal with it. I've been out of work since January, and I'm broke (no health insurance) and I have no meds. I've had a couple of good interviews lately, but I know if I'm offered a position I'm going to turn it down. I just feel like I can't take the chance of starting a new job because of how awful it may turn out to be.
I am open to any advice! I've never felt like this before and I need to stop being so scared but I just can't! Please help.

Robbed
06-17-2008, 02:53 AM
Because of your anxiety condition, you may not be in any condition to take on a challenging, full-time job at this point in time. It may not be a bad idea to try something part-time and lower in stress while you recover.