PDA

View Full Version : lack of appetite over anxiety/stress

bmitch
08-26-2014, 06:15 PM
Any tips on how to get your appetite back?

It's been a little over a week since I have been hungry...wondering if anyone has gone through this/dealt with it?

Thanks!!
Bree

Xerosnake90
08-26-2014, 06:22 PM
Simple, feed yourself. You know you aren't hungry so make sure your body is getting its nutrition anyway. I eat even when blnot hungry because I know I have to. Granted I started doing that because of my gym routine so it works out.

JustaGal
08-26-2014, 10:04 PM
Eat something you normally like - force yourself. Blood sugar issues make it all much worse. It will spike cortisol and give you more anxiety. I am having that as well.
Even if it is a good quality protein drink.

Any tips on how to get your appetite back?

It's been a little over a week since I have been hungry...wondering if anyone has gone through this/dealt with it?

Thanks!!
Bree

kio
08-27-2014, 11:57 AM
Hi bmitch,
I also suffered form this a few months back. I was really anxious and I lost my appetite and I could barely eat much without feeling full. What I did, was try to calm my anxiety and I told myself 'I really want to eat this food' and looked at it in a positive way and told myself I was hungry. I've been fine ever since, so its amazing what your mind can do! Best of luck :)

Kuma
08-27-2014, 12:00 PM
I find that, when anxiety makes me lose my appetite, eating smaller amounts of food, more often, is easier.