PDA

View Full Version : not getting outside and anxiety

jasn88
08-22-2014, 04:30 PM
can not getting outside in sunlight reignite anxiety?

jasn88
08-23-2014, 01:22 PM
can it? if you stay inside all day can it worsen your anxiety?

jasn88
08-24-2014, 07:03 PM
lack of vitamin d?

needtogetwell
08-24-2014, 07:58 PM
Hi jsn88,

Here's my 10 cents worth. Unless you have been indoors for the better part of the past year and don't drink any milk or ear any cereals, the likeliness of being deficient in vitamin D is probably unlikely. The body has the ability to store vitamin D, often for months on end.

Very severe deficiencies may trigger anxiety, but likely you would feel other effects first.

If you want to cover your bases, then try a supplement of D3.

Most people simply feel good being out on a sunny day, and tend to relax, lessening their anxiety.

Don't think about it too much and get outside on your next sunny day. 15-20 minutes is all you need!
Cheers

NixonRulz
08-24-2014, 08:00 PM
lack of vitamin d?

Of course lack of vitamin D!

Get out there and get ya self some sun

I do all my outside chores with no clothes

My neighbors vomit when they see me but damnit, I got me some vitamin D!

Irish Sammie
08-25-2014, 10:09 AM
Hi Jasn,

Yes yes and yes. Being isolated and putting yourself in an introverted situation is something that anxiety just LOVES to be best buddies with. Social interaction and getting outside is so incredibly important, my words will fail me here. I'm coming from personal experience and staying indoors for any lengthy period of time will have a hugely negative affect on you and your mind. Humans are social animals, to deny yourself of that element , you're damaging your mentality.

Kuma
08-26-2014, 12:55 PM
I don't know anything about a nexus between Vitamin D levels and anxiety, but there are probably good reasons to know your vitamin D level anyway. Vitamin D deficiencies are pretty common, particularly in colder climates, and have been associated with a variety of ailments. You can ask your doctor for a "total serum 25(OH)D level" test. If you decide to supplement with Vitamin D, Vitamin D3 is preferable to D2.

I am not a medical professional and nothing I write should be construed as medical advice. All medical issues, including issues of diet and supplementation, should be discussed with a medical professional.

darkavenger
08-26-2014, 03:10 PM
Greetings,

Whenever I stay indoors for more than one day in a row, and it's not followed at least by two days of being outdoors, I severly fall back to the anxiety symtpoms, I feel really crappy. Sun is one of the most critical components for people who suffer from GAD in general. Well, that's my experience in about a decade with developed GAD.

Another great things for anxiety are working out, really hard, doing some sport. These raise Your "hormone of luck" [serotonine] levels, which levels are scace by people who suffer from GAD.

Hope this helps,

regards

Bryan

jasn88
08-27-2014, 02:23 PM
ill start going out more

darkavenger
08-27-2014, 02:36 PM
That's a good idea. Without daylight, around 10-15k+ lumen for at least 2 hours a day, our bodies start to deterioriate, even when You're completely healthy. Optimal is 30k lumen though, that's about bright day. Around 100k is direct sunlight.

AnxiousPsychGrad
08-27-2014, 08:05 PM
My vitamin D deficiency was so severe my doctor placed me on medication. I never go outside, my bed is my "safe place". I now need to spend at least 10 minutes outside a day and take a supplement for at least the next 6 months. So to answer your question, yes, not going outside will severely affect your vitamin D levels; therefore, causing more extreme anxiety.