PDA

View Full Version : Inositol

JustaGal
08-22-2014, 02:56 PM
Has anyone had luck with Inositol?

nf1234
08-25-2014, 12:14 AM
Yes I have and there is a lot of research to back it up. No risks really, give it a try! Also look into Glycine, Taurine, Magnesium, and Theanine. All natural and all great for anxiety.

JustaGal
08-25-2014, 08:49 AM
Yes I have and there is a lot of research to back it up. No risks really, give it a try! Also look into Glycine, Taurine, Magnesium, and Theanine. All natural and all great for anxiety.

Thanks! I have some but discovered I need the hard stuff right now.

Kuma
08-25-2014, 11:46 AM
I have a different perspective, which is that it can be dangerous to self-medicate with supposedly "natural" substances, without medical knowledge or consulting with a physician.

"Natural" means nothing to me. Hemlock is natural. Tobacco is natural. Cyanide can be natural. There are all sorts of things that are natural but also harmful.

And there are supplements that were thought to be harmless, but in studies have shown to be harmful.

So if you think some over the counter substance might help you, I would encourage you to study it very carefully, assuming you have the scientific background necessary to read and understand medical literature, or to consult with a physician.

I know some people disagree with me on this. That is fine. People can do whatever they want. But that is my perspective and advice.

JustaGal
08-25-2014, 12:49 PM
I have a different perspective, which is that it can be dangerous to self-medicate with supposedly "natural" substances, without medical knowledge or consulting with a physician.

"Natural" means nothing to me. Hemlock is natural. Tobacco is natural. Cyanide can be natural. There are all sorts of things that are natural but also harmful.

And there are supplements that were thought to be harmless, but in studies have shown to be harmful.

So if you think some over the counter substance might help you, I would encourage you to study it very carefully, assuming you have the scientific background necessary to read and understand medical literature, or to consult with a physician.

I know some people disagree with me on this. That is fine. People can do whatever they want. But that is my perspective and advice.

Thank you, a doctor prescribed it to me. But it did not help.